1968 FJ55 Local East Coast Swine Transfer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

F motor runs well. No concerns. At this point, I'm either going to run what is there and leave it an old school ride with safety upgrades, or go all in next winter with the 2F/H42/Split/3.73 combo from the 60. All or nothing.

That said, if I'm going with the sniper I'm also going to do away with points, etc.

Are headers still available from a vendor? Or, does anyone have any kicking around? I've honestly always preferred an OEM solution over aftermarket headers on other vehicles I've owned. I have a 3FE manifold and down pipes around somewhere too. Still, happy to defer to expert opinion down here if headers are the best answer.

@wngrog I thought it was your Pig build where you found the fan/clutch/water pump combo that worked with the 55 OEM set up? Found it Pig fan with clutch
Yes. It’s a very tight fit with the 2F and
2F fan shroud. Not sure on the F stuff.

Headers. JTOUTFITTERS on eBay.

IMG_7335.jpeg

I was trying to figure out what the Rube Goldberg pump contraption is on the passenger side. I noticed @greenbeast new 68 has the same set up. Found this thread and realize now it's a smog pump. I don't see any reason to keep it, and the sniper is going on.

What do I need to do for the head? Can I cap the air nozzles and leave them there? Pull them out and plug them? Pull the head and do a valve job/seals/oil galley plug? (rabbit hole fast approaching). Any surprises lurking?

It looks like the pump itself runs on a separate belt, so I assume I can just pull the whole thing off without any issues. Correct? Anyone have an unwanted air cleaner bridge that doesn't have the extra nipple on it laying around?

What do I need to do for the head? Can I cap the air nozzles and leave them there? Pull them out and plug them? Pull the head and do a valve job/seals/oil galley plug? (rabbit hole fast approaching).
You should repurpose them and add a nitrous fogger if for some reason you need to drive up a hill.

Agree Bob these go well with Orange!

Steve
Watching this thread closely appreciate your sharing the 68 journey!
cheers
Jon

you know what they say about the size of your snowblower? Absolutely nothing but they should!!

26869D0E-30F5-4CB5-BACF-44F83370949A.jpeg

Pretty sure they are!
I think the pinion splines and the outer hub splines are coarse, but that the inner axle splines at the diff are fine?

Is there more to the story?

Glad you are back in a Pig!
Shortly after I moved down to Lebanon NH, the Pig's owner @Doctorhusband saw my posts on here. Turns out his wife and I both work at the hospital. He mentioned that he had a Pig and lived right in Hanover, 4 miles from my house. I fired up the 40 and headed over there. We talked home construction, Pigs, 40s, 200s. I had a look around at the Pig. Great truck, and at the time I still had Chuck out west, so we planned to get them together once I got it across and go visit @bobm.

Fast forward 6 months. I get a text message from @Doctorhusband letting me know that he had decided to sell the Pig and wondered if I might be interested. A great Pig 4 miles from me, how could I refuse! Under cover and under snow, I've still only seen her the one time. We need to dig her out and rehome her soon. Here in Salt country, these things take time.

Went and visited the Pig today. Pulled the cover off, and she fired right up.

i-xT6hWvW-L.jpg

i-DPHjf2t-L.jpg

i-RDTxT8b-L.jpg

Anyone have a rear bumper? Quite the backyard weld job for that hitch

i-nTn7sxC-L.jpg

It’s a great truck and I’ll be sad to see it go.
I am glad to see it go to a great home. I don’t think I’m totally out the FJ game for good. I have a friend with an early seventies 40 he’s had in the garage for years and years and hasn’t moved. That will be my next call after I get my new Bronco and get that settled in.

We found out the repaint color is Toyota, but non-cruiser and from 1974. @Doctorhusband found it looking through the parts, but I forgot the name/code.

Interior
i-L9RGMDk-L.jpg

i-RLwddCt-L.jpg

i-pB6vSXV-L.jpg

i-TJkQjmM-L.jpg

i-Xmk3dqx-L.jpg

i-BWSTmG9-L.jpg

i-62qBL9W-L.jpg

Missing the fan shroud, or was there no shroud?
i-6NXZk63-L.jpg

i-GWdzNCd-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom