I love this place! Reverse Light Problem Solved (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Nick

GOLD Star
Threads
Friends,

I have learned so much about my truck from the wisdom gathered on this forum.

I was having problems with my reverse lights. They would flicker off/on/off when I moved the gear selector, but in R... nothing. Anyway, did a ton of searching here and read many threads about the NSS. Numerous posters had success getting their reverse lights functioning properly again by simply loosening the three bolts on the NSS and moving it forward or backward.

I got my wife to help. First, turned the electrical system on and put it in reverse. Crawled back under the truck, loosened the three bolts and gently moved the NSS forward, toward the engine. At which point my wife, who was watching my rear lights, informed me that the reverse lights started working. Left the bolts loose, got out from under the truck, started it up. Put the truck in reverse, and sure enough, the reverse lights were working! Tightened the NSS back up, and presto! A long standing problem solved.

Just wanted to say thank you to the crew here for sharing so much knowledge.

I sure am grateful.

O.N.

P.S. Just bought a "Silver Star". Seemed time to buck up and show some support :beer:

If you own a Cruiser for any length, its the best money you could spend on it. Glad things worked for you.
You're so right! Went ahead and got a window sticker and a hat too. Now that I've finally pulled the trigger and joined up properly it felt good to offer some additional support (and advertising).

When I compare the cost of joining with what it would cost to pay someone else to wrench on my truck, well, it's a no brainer. The fact that advice from forum members helped me to solve yet another problem today sealed the deal.

Take it easy.

P.S. Just bought a "Silver Star". Seemed time to buck up and show some support :beer:

guess what else the POSITIVE and stand up choice to become a Supporting Member has in it's back pocket ?

btw , its awesome that you did just that :beer:

you now have the Privilege or discretion , i consider being a MUD Member a privilege simply because i am where all my life-long best friends are as well , :)

go to your PM , inbox and you will see a NEW icon says ATTACH

click it and see what happens ,

it only gets better .......

guess what else the POSITIVE and stand up choice to become a Supporting Member has in it's back pocket ?

btw , its awesome that you did just that :beer:

you now have the Privilege or discretion , i consider being a MUD Member a privilege simply because i am where all my life-long best friends are as well , :)

go to your PM , inbox and you will see a NEW icon says ATTACH

click it and see what happens ,

it only gets better .......
Hey, Matt. Thanks man! Looking forward to the new benefits.
Have a great weekend. If I ever make it over your way, let’s drink some beer. If you make it over here... bourbon!

Friends,

I got my wife to help.

First rule of Cruiser Club and 1st rule to a long marriage (and happy).

N-E-V-E-R ask your wife to help. (unless she happens to be an ASE)

First rule of Cruiser Club and 1st rule to a long marriage (and happy).

N-E-V-E-R ask your wife to help. (unless she happens to be an ASE)
I will say, man, I’m lucky... my wife always has a cold bottle of beer ready for me. She’s not an ASE but she’s HAF :cool: and down to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom