What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sent her off to get custom exhaust from the exhaust manifold to the tailpipe and Rick's Muffler in Orem Utah did a great job. Next up, Sniper Install. A little nervous about that one.
63659184277__912314E8-5BA5-4BEE-B559-4A1478CE721B.jpeg

63659180707__4D165130-68E2-4C86-B278-7128CA2E8D13.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg

I always just throw a towel up there if I have to open the hood that far

How much do they run?
This is my redneckery. A piece of pipe insulation and a strip of nylon strap. The strap is to remind me to remove the padding. I did have a blue pool noodle that I kept forgetting to remove. People kept asking me whats that blue thing for.

IMG_2925.JPG

This is my redneckery. A piece of pipe insulation and a strip of nylon strap. The strap is to remind me to remove the padding. I did have a blue pool noodle that I kept forgetting to remove. People kept asking me whats that blue thing for.

View attachment 2604265

I sure hope you told people "to help her swim ofcourse" :)

Sent her off to get custom exhaust from the exhaust manifold to the tailpipe and Rick's Muffler in Orem Utah did a great job. Next up, Sniper Install. A little nervous about that one.
View attachment 2604086
View attachment 2604087
View attachment 2604088
looks very period correct : see below

how come no dual OEM theme fit and finish tail pipes , one each side like a NON USA LX had ?

you still can its not too late to hear that stereo ROAR of 2F 🎩

AWSOME JOB looks very very top shelf OEM !

1614998484899.png

1614998567961.png

@ToyotaMatt ....received, installled, happy, thank you.....I’ll get you pics as soon as I get the raised letters on the selector tab painted

@ToyotaMatt ....received, installled, happy, thank you.....I’ll get you pics as soon as I get the raised letters on the selector tab painted

you the man !

are you doing this ?

or the like .... 🤔

1615007930381.png

Sorted out some minor issues electrical issues and decided it would be a good time to upgrade the interior lights to LED. Didn’t know the headlight switch light or dashpad light existed until a few weeks ago when I saw a post on here - mine were burned out when I bought the 40. I went with natural white 4100k for the 2 gauge lights, looks a little brighter in the pics than in person but it’s a nice balance between the original 2700k yellow lights and the blue 6000k LEDs. Turn signal and high beam bulbs were replaced as well. Nice to finally be able to see the dash and knobs at night!!

2384A4CD-94E3-4B56-B51E-9F3D9221871F.jpeg

A quick tech question.

I have a totally rusted out HJ45 sitting in a container. I bought it about ten years ago and think that it has OME suspension. I think I can recall the springs having yellow stencilled lettering on them but it a long time ago. It does have 4 OME shocks which may be what makes me think the springs are also OME ... or maybe not.

The question is how does one identify OME springs that no longer have painted markings on them?

Sorted out some minor issues electrical issues and decided it would be a good time to upgrade the interior lights to LED. Didn’t know the headlight switch light or dashpad light existed until a few weeks ago when I saw a post on here - mine were burned out when I bought the 40. I went with natural white 4100k for the 2 gauge lights, looks a little brighter in the pics than in person but it’s a nice balance between the original 2700k yellow lights and the blue 6000k LEDs. Turn signal and high beam bulbs were replaced as well. Nice to finally be able to see the dash and knobs at night!!

View attachment 2604789

excellent photos and work TOP SHELF !

Is that OEM? I was considering all white but that looks good also

i think it IS a latter OEM yes

i like it too !

i would persomally clone this ...

ti#ts and azz !

A quick tech question.

I have a totally rusted out HJ45 sitting in a container. I bought it about ten years ago and think that it has OME suspension. I think I can recall the springs having yellow stencilled lettering on them but it a long time ago. It does have 4 OME shocks which may be what makes me think the springs are also OME ... or maybe not.

The question is how does one identify OME springs that no longer have painted markings on them?
Send that whole shipping container with the 45 in it and I'll gladly take a look for you!

It is in perfect mechanical condition. Disc brakes all round. All new suspension with less than 10k km on but irredeemably rusted. I've got to decide what to do with it. Try to find a new body or part it out. If I were to send it to Montana I would be in the container and there to stay. The MWFD is seriously talking Sun Valley...

Small step forward...
5F953170-16C9-4542-8EA2-8F5A056B5259.jpeg

Original shaft

10F3C90C-B4E7-4BAF-B243-53892631DCDE.jpeg

Rag joint end cut off...

6F15EB51-2581-4E80-8E30-E5C941AB6726.jpeg

Ground to match DD shaft...

81405FA7-920D-44B6-80F0-B457FAE2F8E1.jpeg

Flaming River DD U-joint and collapsible shaft. The second U-joint has splines on one end to match the Scout II Saginaw input shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom