Builds The LF40 Wheeler Build - Twin Turbo & 8 Speed Auto FJ40 (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry but not familiar with SAS 5?tell me what that stands for.

Solid Axle Summit in Ouray, Colorado. It's in early August.

Tested my light bars to verify relay functionality. Relay #4 was dead, and I'm glad I figured that out before wrapping eveything up.

20210304_110729.jpg

Nicely wrapped up. The Painless Classic Braid stuff is great. A little pricy, but it looks really good in my opinion.

20210304_152207.jpg

It's been snowing a bunch, so I got to take a few poser shots.

20210304_155009.jpg

Front loom all cleaned up. It is looking great. H4 plugs installed, I still need to get blinkers figured out till I get my tube fenders done.

20210304_201317.jpg

I got my reservoirs mounted as well. The Kings sure are pretty.

20210304_202459.jpg

20210304_202521.jpg

20210304_211052.jpg

No events this year for me. 2022 will be the year for the Red Momba. I will be running the White Rim trail in Moab the end of this month in my TRD PRO 4Runner and Turtleback. Going to highjack the J&$p safari. Lol.

Which light bars are you running?

They are Rough Country light bars. Cheap with good light output. I'd love to run some baja designs, but I'm not spending that much on light bars.

Realistically I think your pushing it for cruise moab. It might be better to take it on some local runs to work out the bugs first which if your like me at all their will be a few bugs. Cruise moab is neat, but their are plenty of other events throughout the year. Its a bummer to go all the way to moab and do half a run the first day and then something goes wrong and have to tow it all the way back.

@DangerNoodle could you take a picture facing the front and back of the truck? I’m trying to gauge if I like the width of adding 80 series axles to my 40. I have a spare set laying around and I cannot make up my mind about them.

@DangerNoodle could you take a picture facing the front and back of the truck? I’m trying to gauge if I like the width of adding 80 series axles to my 40. I have a spare set laying around and I cannot make up my mind about them.

Sure. I have really wide wheels on it right now, i think the BS is something like 4 in. @White Stripe would know.

Realistically I think your pushing it for cruise moab. It might be better to take it on some local runs to work out the bugs first which if your like me at all their will be a few bugs. Cruise moab is neat, but their are plenty of other events throughout the year. Its a bummer to go all the way to moab and do half a run the first day and then something goes wrong and have to tow it all the way back.

I agree. I'm hoping to get a few runs in before moab, but who knows. If not, we'll take the white cruiser.

Sure. I have really wide wheels on it right now, i think the BS is something like 4 in. @White Stripe would know.
2.25" backspacing. I remember because I custom ordered them that way. You should be about 82" wide overall. It will look a little different being that wide, but it will be very stable making it less likely to rollover which would make it look much worse. If you ever dismount the tires you have to take them to a shop that really knows offoad tires because they have to be removed from the back side.

Intake and filters installed. I absolutley love the look of the dual filters, but the one on the drivers side is just a tad long so it slightly hits the brake master. The engine should flex down on that side, so oh well.

20210305_153234.jpg

My dad thinks it looks like Yoda now. Should that be it's new name?

20210305_153925.jpg

My Axia Alloy stuff came in as well, and it is beautiful. It mounts on the cage perfectly, and they look really nice.

20210305_182850.jpg

I got the tinted version.

20210305_183517.jpg

A little tighter on the driver's side, but nothing major.

I will also be making a new mount for my rearview mirror, so I can run with the windshield down if I want.

20210305_183536.jpg

I have a little progress on wiring up the main brain of the Dakoda Digital, but nothing worth taking a picture of. I should have that finished by tomorrow.

DJ -what exactly did you get from axia alloy? Can’t tell from your pic. Their stuff is nice. I have a set of side and rear view mirror.

More powdercoated stuff tossed on.

20210306_094223.jpg

Headlights.

20210306_094231.jpg

Air compressor finally showed up.

20210306_113330.jpg

My dad decided to clear some snow off a bit better.

Sliding off the edge. I can't count the number of times that he has done this, but it's at least twice a season.

20210306_100807.jpg

The truck was just spinning trying to pull him out, so out came the backhoe. It gave me a chance to move a bunch of the snow in front of the garage, though, so oh well.

20210306_102301.jpg

New headers. They are AA heep cj conversion headers, and they seem to work great for this.

I had so many constraints on this it wasn't even funny, but these worked with some slight tweaking.

20210306_140602.jpg

They tuck up really nicley into the sides, but I had to remake the first set of body mounts. Oh well.

20210306_190207.jpg

I can still stuff a full muffler in there and maintain my breakover angle. I can also run sliders that don't drop any father down than normal.

20210306_190218.jpg

I put some 1400 degree paint in there so it looks a bit funny, but hopefully it wont burn off. I will be ceramic coating and wrapping eveything under there to help with heat, and I will probably end up stealing @GA Architect 's heat shielded floor mat idea as well.

20210306_194523.jpg

They aren't pretty, but I'm not too worried.

20210306_194547.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom