LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I sent my Phoenix radio back. The system only streamed on 1/2 of the screen. The constant feedback (white static) was unbearable and yes, it was properly grounded. It kept resetting all of the changes I would make to get it dialed in for personal preference. I wish it worked better, I'd kill for a system that is updated for a LC100!!!

The constant feedback (white static) was unbearable and yes, it was properly grounded.
Sorry to hear it, I’ve settled into a familiar state with the quirks of mine. After chasing ground loop noise I was able to completely eliminate with an aftermarket 5-channel amp, Toyota uses multiple grounds and after several wiring changes & noise filter fails this is the solve.

Tucker

Question if anyone can help. I installed my X6 today (in 05LC) and all works fine except buzz noise coming from sound system. From reading thread a few say this means I need to replace my amp. Can someone confirm this and if so what amp they used to fix this.
Also, for replacement back up camera to go in stock position what cameras did people buy/where? Help for these final items would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to hear it, I’ve settled into a familiar state with the quirks of mine. After chasing ground loop noise I was able to completely eliminate with an aftermarket 5-channel amp, Toyota uses multiple grounds and after several wiring changes & noise filter fails this is the solve.

Tucker
Mind me asking what brand/model amp did you buy? What did you do about back up camera? Tks

Hi Everyone

I am just taking the time to thank all of you for your precious imputs all along this thread and these three other threads :

I have been totaly successfull to install a PX6 4-128 on my LC 100 dated December 2006.

My PX6 has been bought on Aliexpress: ZWNAV vendor. Everything went good it took around 3 weeks to be delivered with the product. In the meantime i have been contacted in Watsapp by ZWNAV to give details about my exact LC 100 model/year.

Here are the specificities of my LC100:
- OEM Amp under passenger seat is Pioneer
- I had the 6 CDs charger in the center console as well as the GPS DVD Player under the passenger seat
- My vehicule was equiped by Toyota with the ICE DVD Player system in headrests

So my configuration was a bit complicated and i anticipated a lot od issues.

I First began by installing the PX6 as of the Youtube Video that everyone knows :
Please note that on my PX6 Harness there was a lot of unused big plugs. Nevertheless every plugs coming from the CAR harness have been adressed !
I used the high climate harness and not the "low" one as i was provided with both.

Here are the issues i faced and how i fixed it :

A- Climate controls works out of the box PROVIDED THAT in the hiden advanced menu of the PX6 (Entry code: 8861) the "LC100 High" vehicle is selected and the "BNR with AC" Protocol is specified too. After having selected the right car and protocol, DO NOT FORGET to go back to the Settings Menu and make a "Save and Reboot" in order your changes are taken into account.

B- No sound from front speakers : to resolve this i had (1) to entirely withdraw the old ICE DVD System and its specific harness that was plugged into the amp bypassing the HU Main harness, and then re-plug directly the HU Harness to the amp (2) i had to withdraw the GPS DVD Player under passenger seat and loop the speaker wires that remained on the GPS unused plug as it is explained here : 2003 LC Tesla Screen Install Write-Up - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2003-lc-tesla-screen-install-write-up.1149024/page-3

C- Very low sound issue and very poor quality as soon i raise the volume : solved going into "Console" menu on the PX6 and increasing the "Amp Volume" to 35 in this Amp settings submenu. Then the system sounds good until Volume 25 on the "main volume" control. I would say that the sound quality is now about 25% better than with the OEM Radio. I intend to replace the 4 speakers to increase quality again.

D- OEM RearCam does not works : i succeed to make it work as per the instructions given by ALLANDO in Page 7 of this thread. It works very well and it is not very complicated. LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lc-lx470-tesla-style-screen-radio-upgrade-with-climate-control-general-discussions.1161042/page-7
The quality of the OEM cam is not great but i like its perfect point of view and you get possibility to apply some contrast/brigtness modification by taping the Up/Left corner of the RearcamVidéo when displayed.

I did not tried to install the PX6 remote MIC as i was said that integrated MIC is good enough by people i have been calling.

My opinion on this unit on a 2006 LC100 is very very positive. What an improvement for my 14,5 years old car !
Having GAIA GPS, Waze, Gmail, Youtube, TV Channels, Weather Pro and so much more apps in STAND ALONE in a vehicule is a GAME CHANGER.
I even feel like AppleCarPlay is no longer usefull. Actually i never connect my iPhone because PX6 is really a STAND ALONE solution.

IMPORTANT : i have to precise that i use the PX6 "USB" plug to power a Huawei E5785-92C 4G Mobile Hotspot placed in the sunglasses storage space in the roof. It has a twin SIM of my mobile subscription and it works great to give permanent internet access to the PX6.

I hope my feedback will give reinsurances or help to those among us who have note entirely succeeded to fix all their issues.

Arnaou

Great write up.

Do your hard buttons work?

OEM Camera - Did you use ttap connectors or just plug it in and tape it to the connector.

Thanks

Mind me asking what brand/model amp did you buy? What did you do about back up camera? Tks
I went with this Kenwood, it’s a good size to mount where your nav computer was under the passenger seat:

Kenwood Excelon X802-5

I used my factory camera, several others have written up how to do this. Basically you need to run an RCA with trigger wire from the HU to the inputs on that controller which is also under seat.​

Tucker

Great write up.

Do your hard buttons work?

OEM Camera - Did you use ttap connectors or just plug it in and tape it to the connector.

Thanks

The physical buttons work great.

For the OEM Camera i cutted the wires 10cm before the connector, connected three "3 wires WAGOS" and run the 3 news wires to the head unit.

I went with this Kenwood, it’s a good size to mount where your nav computer was under the passenger seat:

Kenwood Excelon X802-5

I used my factory camera, several others have written up how to do this. Basically you need to run an RCA with trigger wire from the HU to the inputs on that controller which is also under seat.​

Tucker
When you added new Amp were you able

Kenwood Excelon X802-5

Tucker
Did new Amp also solve the volume problem (with stock amp lowest volume level too loud and cuts out when volume above five)? Tks

Only big issue with them is the backup camera looses function. Toyota uses a 6V camera that doesn't communicate with the 12V input on the phoenix unit. I havent approached fixing this issue yet
I just finished getting mine working. Took an hour and I followed these instructions
1614896119314.png

Question if anyone can help. I installed my X6 today (in 05LC) and all works fine except buzz noise coming from sound system. From reading thread a few say this means I need to replace my amp. Can someone confirm this and if so what amp they used to fix this.
Also, for replacement back up camera to go in stock position what cameras did people buy/where? Help for these final items would be greatly appreciated.

Fit super well under passenger seat after removing OEM amp. Going around the factory stuff was the best/easiest path forward than splicing into the harness.

I found a camera on Amazon, and mounted inside the cabin at the top of the rear hatch in the plastic cover panel. Keeps it sheltered from weather [no wiping off!] and works great to see behind me.

Amazon product ASIN B07H852D49
HTH.

There’s a television camera ecu under the passenger seat which already provides 6v to the camera. Here’s a pic of the connector & pins. You have to cut the end of an rca cable, or get one with a bare end. I used an rca cable with a built in reverse trigger wire. Tap the rca into CV+ (pin 40) & CV- (pin39). Tap the reverse trigger wire to reverse (pin 27). Run the rca to the unit, connect the reverse trigger wire there as well... FACTORY CAMERA!View attachment 2120663
What's the best way of actually getting the wires in?
PXL_20210306_204714382.jpg

I have posi-taps, but the wires seem a bit thin

I just pulled the trigger on this:

I have heard good things (and they’re in Texas).
We had a Grom VLine 2 installed in a LS430 a few months ago and have had a problem that won’t go away. The entire Nav Screen goes black even though the unit will continue to play music. When it does this the only way to control it is through the phone as the touch screen is blank. If you go out of audio like to the map, the information screen (or even switch to AM/FM or CD) the screen immediately comes back on until you switch it back to the Grom unit and it goes black again. The dealer that sold and installed it has been in contact with Grom and wired it exactly like Grom recommended plus replaced the original unit with a second one. But the problem will not go away. When it works it is great but it just doesn’t seem to want to properly work.

Should the 32 be split in two?

Another follow-up, I've proceeded assuming that it is normal for the 32 is split.
I put the red reverse wire on my rca cable (with reverse wire) into slot 7

PXL_20210308_045725049.jpg

It's a greyish wire

I also put the positive yellow wire in 40 and the black negative in 39, it showed no signal with the backup frame, but would show nothing and would not get to the home screen, either park or drive
PXL_20210308_045527080.jpg

PXL_20210308_045521894.jpg

I noticed that 40 was thicker than 39, and 38 seemed similar, so I tried negative in 38, but to no avail

PXL_20210308_045527080.jpg

We had a Grom VLine 2 installed in a LS430 a few months ago and have had a problem that won’t go away. The entire Nav Screen goes black even though the unit will continue to play music. When it does this the only way to control it is through the phone as the touch screen is blank. If you go out of audio like to the map, the information screen (or even switch to AM/FM or CD) the screen immediately comes back on until you switch it back to the Grom unit and it goes black again. The dealer that sold and installed it has been in contact with Grom and wired it exactly like Grom recommended plus replaced the original unit with a second one. But the problem will not go away. When it works it is great but it just doesn’t seem to want to properly work.
Wow, thanks for the heads-up. Iˋve ordered it and luckily throught a group buy, which savesd me some money. I won’t be able to test it until I have it here and install it.

Finger’s crossed.

No problem, I forgot to add that when the screen is black you can still control the unit with the phone. Hope yours works better.

What's the best way of actually getting the wires in?View attachment 2605258
I have posi-taps, but the wires seem a bit thin
Richard,

That's not the Television Camera ECU. From that part number, it's an amplifier.

The "box" you are looking for is small. It's called Computer Parking Assist. It's under the NAV DVD.

Here's a picture of my NAV DVD and Computer Parking Assist out the truck.

The wires for the Computer Parking Assist are in the front. You should see them from the front of the PS seat.

Hope this helps.

20210309_082034.jpg

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom