New 90 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine is from Spain (see pic in few messages earlier)
IIRC is from 2000, fisrt gen D4D (163cv) with no sign about it, imported as new by the PO
As from Spain:
- only one (but bigger) battery, so I've been able to put a 2nd one myself for the fridge and other accessories.
- no rear heater... not needed anyway

Don't know if Spain GX standard or option:
- sunroof... pretty cool
-7 seats ...well, not needed neither but sometime I wonder if I shouldn't remove 2nd row and use the 3rd as in a limo :D

Mine is from Spain (see pic in few messages earlier)
IIRC is from 2000, fisrt gen D4D (163cv) with no sign about it, imported as new by the PO
As from Spain:
- only one (but bigger) battery, so I've been able to put a 2nd one myself for the fridge and other accessories.
- no rear heater... not needed anyway

Don't know if Spain GX standard or option:
- sunroof... pretty cool
-7 seats ...well, not needed neither but sometime I wonder if I shouldn't remove 2nd row and use the 3rd as in a limo :D
Salut Sauvage!

Saw your rig and it is definitely a VX. The VX has that design on the seats, plastic width panels on wheel passes for wider tires (Spain doesn't allow tires wider than the width of the vehicle), the 3rd row, the 3 spoke wheel, wood trim on the dash, color digital inclinometer/outside temp/km-ltr display, and rear dif locker. VX had an optional moonroof on early units. If it is a 2000 model, you possibly have one of the first units brought with the intercooler improved 3.0 163cv as was mine. Mine was one of 16 2001 model units brought in September of 2000 as press vehicles for reviews of the D4-D, and sent to Namibia for trails and then returned back to Spain. To know if it is one of those 16, they had original license numbers 96XX BSP when initially registered by the Spanish transportation ministry. Not that it matters but perhaps it is a bit of info you might find interesting.

I bought mine (one of those 16) directly from Toyota Spain with 11k on the odometer and had it for 17 years and 370k without a serious issue at all having used it as a commuter and offroading throughout Spain, Portugal and trips to the Sahara. I did preventative maintenance regularly The only repairs were 2 injectors at around 12 years (Morocco diesel isn't the best in spite of changing diesel filters...), 2 starters (as you know commuting in Europe is a lot of starting and stopping).

Toy01.JPG

Toy02.JPG

Ola Daniel,
the only info I have are first registration (where?) in 2000 december 4th and Import file (to France) done 3 month later

According to Toyodiy.com it was built August 2000 in Japan.

2547 units assemblied before mine.

Only one concern, the transmission has some play, too much to me.
Easy to manage when cruising but I don't like that anyway.
I guess I nedd to replace the central dif.

Ola Daniel,
the only info I have are first registration (where?) in 2000 december 4th and Import file (to France) done 3 month later

According to Toyodiy.com it was built August 2000 in Japan.

2547 units assemblied before mine.

Only one concern, the transmission has some play, too much to me.
Easy to manage when cruising but I don't like that anyway.
I guess I nedd to replace the central dif.
The transmission had some and increased some from new but was always good. After all, they are not sports cars...

This is the part number shown in the toyota epc..

View attachment 2600019
Thanks, pretty usefull!
I did some search based on the parts#
53111-60320 looks to be used on 9x having rond light (and then a square trim) probably the same shape anyway
53111-60380 looks to be the one you have and I found a model where it's available unpainted: 53111-60390
EDIT: googling on 53111-60390 show a regular grille ! horinzal shape looks to be chromed only

I wouldn't have find without your help as the view are not trustable

2021-03-01_14-13-20.jpg

2021-03-01_14-17-29.jpg

Hey guys. been lurking on here for a while so figured its time I say hello and show my rig!

She is a 2000 VZJ95 Automatic. Ive kept her relatively simple as I use her for many different purposes, so I dont want it too "purpose built". I work in the film industry so its often packed to the ceiling in lights and gear, then filled with camping gear on the weekend, then all empty so she can be nice and light for the sand dunes :)

Old man emu lift with HD rear springs
BF KO2's 265/75/16
wheel spacers to get the wheels flush with the guard.
random snorkel, dont know the brand, haha.

3C552590-E33B-48E2-AA5F-0DBF50BAA8D3.JPG

B5904779-A573-4934-8319-2BC7056A76A5.JPG

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_8684.jpg

Hello, everyone! New 90-series owner here (or at least I will be once it arrives!). Historically a sports car guy, but have wrenched on built 80-series a long time ago. Our family's needs are changing and my son is getting more interested in camping, so I started looking for an LC. I was originally looking at a 3-door 70 series, but I like the parts interchangeability with the 4Runner and having ABS and airbags for the kiddo. I won this RZ at auction last night, and now I just have to get it to the States.

One question for the group here- would anyone be so kind as to measure the distance between the back door and back of the rear seat on a 3-door? We have a family member with a wheelchair, and I'm anxious to know if it'll fit with the seat up.

Thanks!

2rI2CkLV07ZQ4Ii9ZH0Usw5AOMWasYOeZO2i6cCfmzeGHtsFl9.jpeg

2rI2CkLV07ZQ4Ii9ZH0Usw5AOMWasYOeZO2i6cCfmzeEgZMu24.jpeg

Hello, everyone! New 90-series owner here (or at least I will be once it arrives!). Historically a sports car guy, but have wrenched on built 80-series a long time ago. Our family's needs are changing and my son is getting more interested in camping, so I started looking for an LC. I was originally looking at a 3-door 70 series, but I like the parts interchangeability with the 4Runner and having ABS and airbags for the kiddo. I won this RZ at auction last night, and now I just have to get it to the States.

One question for the group here- would anyone be so kind as to measure the distance between the back door and back of the rear seat on a 3-door? We have a family member with a wheelchair, and I'm anxious to know if it'll fit with the seat up.

Thanks!

View attachment 2892583

View attachment 2892584
Welcome! So.many 95s here so it's good to see a 90. Looks like it's in great shape! I'll get you a measurement. The rear seat slopes of course. I'll grab an upper and lower measurement if you like?

So at the floor it's around 25". At 12" high it's around 23". Hope this helps. If you look at my build thread for the 90 in my signature, I did some drawers back there. In the process there should be some pics of the rear storage area and the mods I had to do to get a 24" long drawer to fit...

Thank you! That's *exactly* what I needed, and the good news is the chair will fit. Thank you again!
So at the floor it's around 25". At 12" high it's around 23". Hope this helps. If you look at my build thread for the 90 in my signature, I did some drawers back there. In the process there should be some pics of the rear storage area and the mods I had to do to get a 24" long drawer to fit...

Thanks!

View attachment 2892583

View attachment 2892584
I have 3 here in GA ! I will try and remember to measure tomorrow !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom