Transmission Temperature Gauge Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is how mine looks:
IMG_3268.PNG

IMG_3269.PNG

IMG_3270.PNG

Before I bought the enhancement, I contacted them and they confirmed that they had the A/T temps for my vehicle. I suggest that you inquire. If they say that it is in the 2006 enhancement, I would ask them how to access it. Perhaps you need to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Before I bought the enhancement, I contacted them and they confirmed that they had the A/T temps for my vehicle. I suggest that you inquire. If they say that it is in the 2006 enhancement, I would ask them how to access it. Perhaps you need to uninstall and reinstall the app?

I reached out to them yesterday and they suggested performing a PID rescan under the vehicle editor. Did that twice as well as deleting and reinstalling the App and still nothing, no A/T Oil Pressure or A/T Oil Temperature 1, 2, & 3 options. Strange considering the 2005 and 2006 GX's should mechanically be the same...

Weird.

I just noticed that you are in Charlotte too. I think there are about a half dozen of us in the area. We should do a meet and greet once it warms up a bit.

I've seen people missing data if they are using an older or unsupporting OBD II reader with the app.

I am using the VeePeak from Amazon

Weird.

I just noticed that you are in Charlotte too. I think there are about a half dozen of us in the area. We should do a meet and greet once it warms up a bit.

For sure! If you're on FB be sure to join the GXOR-Carolinas group, they do a few brewery meet and greets every now and then. We actually had 5 local GX's at the LFD Off Road Event last Saturday at Big Creek as well!

I've seen people missing data if they are using an older or unsupporting OBD II reader with the app.

I am using the exact same VeePeak @CarolinaGX linked above.

My scan gauge II reads transmission temps both at the pan and the torque converter. Also can read TPMS which is awesome.

My scan gauge II reads transmission temps both at the pan and the torque converter. Also can read TPMS which is awesome.

not sure which one I am reading, but my scan gauge ll is also reading a transmission temp

not sure which one I am reading, but my scan gauge ll is also reading a transmission temp
If it fluctuates quickly that’s the converter. If it’s slow to rise and fall that’s the pan.

I am using the VeePeak WiFi OBD2 dongle as well on my iPhone. However I do not see the automatic transmission temperature PID on the list even if I got the full pack.

B0DC032F-C56D-4ED1-B8FA-E85498F5C421.jpeg

B5A140A7-8921-4B79-90A5-F0A7BF871701.jpeg

Any ideas and inputs are appreciated. I hope I didn’t waste 70 bucks on a software that doesn’t really have what I need - the AT fluid temp live data display. :bang::doh:

Last edited:
I am using the VeePeak WiFi OBD2 dongle as well on my iPhone. However I do not see the automatic transmission temperature PID on the list even if I got the full pack.
Any ideas and inputs are appreciated. I hope I didn’t waste 70 bucks on a software that doesn’t really have what I need - the AT fluid temp live data display. :bang::doh:
I have OBD Fusion and they are here:

20210101_181757000_iOS.png

20210101_181746000_iOS.png

just checked it now and still not have the AT Fluid Temp. Their support team sent me an email and followed it down to the last step and still have no AT fluid temp at this point.

The email:

Can you please try adding the initialization commands shown below to the app at Settings > Preferences > Advanced under the Interface Initialization > Commands section?

ATAT0,ATST64
After doing this, follow the instructions below:

1. Open the Settings > Preferences > General page and select “Debugging Enabled”.
  2. Open Settings > Vehicle Editor and change the Enhanced Network Select option to Prompt.
  3. Go back to the main page, then click the Home button to exit.
  4. Close the application by double-clicking the home button, finding the OBD Fusion app using the app switcher, and swiping the picture of the app up.
  5. Restart the app.
  6. Connect to the scan tool on the network with the Engine and ECT module, and open the Settings > Vehicle Editor and tap the Rescan Supported PIDs button and wait for the PID scan to complete.
  7. Go to the Logs > Messages page, select the menu button, and select “Send Debug Info”.
Thanks,
Nathan

@OEMGUY0720

This is what I've used for a custom PID:

* OBD2 Mode & PID: 21D9
Long Name: Transmission Temp
Short Name: Trans T
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 300
Scale Factor: x1
Unit Type: *F
Equation: ((((E*256)+F)*(7/100)-400)/10)
OBD Header: left blank

swap G and H for E and F to get the second one.

Found it on T4R forums originally I think.

I make no claims that this is correct, but it does give me numbers that are close to what Trans Temps should be....

Thanks @Bralow I will check try this out once I get my replacement VeePeak, Nathan from OBD Fusion recommended to get it replaced as he saw irregularities on the log file. I sent him.

@subspd
My scangauge II reads trans temp but I did not see you can get two areas. Do you remember the codes for both? I'm curious now.

On a side note, I just upgraded my head unit to an excelon Kenwood unit and bought a maestro K01 kit which allows gauges on the head unit. It does not support trans temp, just water temp, tpms, tire temps etc.

Update, still unsuccessful after using a new VeePeak WiFi obd2 dongle. Nathan from the software developer sent this and I will be testing his recommended dongle:

———————————
Hi Paul,

Thanks for sending the updated log file. Unfortunately, it looks like the replacement adapter has the same issue as your original one. I would recommend trying a different brand of adapter. We have had good experiences in our testing with the Tonwon Pro BLE adapter and the OBDLink MX+.

Tonwon Pro BLE 4.0 | OBDSoftware.net - https://www.obdsoftware.net/scantools/product/3

OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth Scan Tool - iOS, Android, and Windows OBD Adapter | OBDSoftware.net - https://www.obdsoftware.net/scantools/obdlinkmxplus

Best,
Nathan

If it fluctuates quickly that’s the converter. If it’s slow to rise and fall that’s the pan.
Interesting...
I programmed my ScanGauge to display transmission temps, and it does.
My temps can get to 205 when pulling a small trailer up steep grades at medium speeds...and the readout changes every few seconds as temps climb then fall.
I‘m wondering if I’m measuring the torque converter?
Any advice?

I’m using the OBDLink MX+ adapter which comes with a Toyota/Lexus PID set.

There are two transmission oil temperature PIDs, temperature “1” and temperature “3”. The app doesn’t show PID numbers, just descriptions.

Does anyone know which is the pan and which is the converter? I added both to my dashboard but the “3” shows readings that vary from 0 to 100 degrees which can’t be correct. “1” shows temps that are realistic, around 190 degrees.

2DF4B138-B8DE-4379-AC63-0CD32974952D.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom