Deposit down on the new 68 Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last night seller and I agreed to terms and the deposit was sent on the 68 55 series. Dad and I traveled from Sandpoint Idaho to Tulsa several years ago for great father son trip driving my fj40 to its new home and I am stoked to get opportunity to do it again!

Plans are taking Dad (both a little older now) to Austin to pick up the new cruiser and trailer it home to farm in Tulsa. Intent is to give me project to work on and do the best I can to keep her as original as possible. When I bring the big tractor back to farm from snowhell in CO in April I will bring the pig up to Steamboat so I can start doing little things mechanically.

Not a ton of pics but will share what I can. I've been lurking in the background reading ya'lls posts and soaking up what I can. I am stoked about this one for sure. With a name like Hamilton I am leaning towards naming her "Hammy1". I have my eyes on a completed newer one I really want to take camping with the wife and dogs and think "Hammy2) if the stars line up and the cruiser gods smile down upon me.

Not a ton of pics and what I do have aren't loading to my phone. Big thanks to @TachedOutOffRoad for his guidance yesterday!

485E6705-519D-4679-B127-00823A12A2AE.jpeg

B7E64F97-98EE-4A7D-A82E-65F11708E050.jpeg

0A86EA98-B2C0-494B-A707-981372A05762.jpeg

28D9F20A-BA18-4662-8922-6D50E45F6054.jpeg

6C9EAF81-9139-46D5-BDA7-B48D3796F1FA.jpeg

Last edited:
I wish I could turn back the clock and get rid of the s***ty paint job and bring back those original colors.
I always seem to start with suspension but with anticipated move back to Oklahoma in little over a year my major list of things to do will have to be deferred.

For once I will be in position to remove the axles and just start from bottom up. Have rust and original pain redone along with have frame blasted and coated like I have always wanted to do. Big tune up is most likely what I will start with while I start stockpiling needed parts.

it has all the rare goodies.
Yep, That steering wheel and winch controls are pretty cool in my opinion. I just want to crawl over the rig. The front hub is something I wish to see closer to see what it is.

Are the side vents above engine wells also metal making easier to restore or are they plastic?

Yep, That steering wheel and winch controls are pretty cool in my opinion. I just want to crawl over the rig. The front hub is something I wish to see closer to see what it is.
They are cool old skool course splined hubs

Are the side vents above engine wells also metal making easier to restore or are they plastic?
Metal

Last edited:
Yes sir that's the one. I have been looking over the pics till i am cross eyed. What do folks do to reproduce the dash pads? Is this something a 3D printer can create?

The all tan does bug me a little. Once I get it I can clean the grills up some which will break a little bit of it up.

Guy did go a little bonkers with the custard colored paint, eh? No pictures of the full rig?
I have a video of it driving onto and off the trailer but its in weird format and won't let me load. Wife probably little mad about me buying it (just kidding she is very supportive). I'm not sure how to change format of the video. Getting more pics tomorrow.

I can via email or text though...

Last night seller and I agreed to terms and the deposit was sent on the 68 55 series. Dad and I traveled from Sandpoint Idaho to Tulsa several years ago for great father son trip driving my fj40 to its new home and I am stoked to get opportunity to do it again!

Plans are taking Dad (both a little older now) to Austin to pick up the new cruiser and trailer it home to farm in Tulsa. Intent is to give me project to work on and do the best I can to keep her as original as possible. When I bring the big tractor back to farm from snowhell in CO in April I will bring the pig up to Steamboat so I can start doing little things mechanically.

Not a ton of pics but will share what I can. I've been lurking in the background reading ya'lls posts and soaking up what I can. I am stoked about this one for sure. With a name like Hamilton I am leaning towards naming her "Hammy1". I have my eyes on a completed newer one I really want to take camping with the wife and dogs and think "Hammy2) if the stars line up and the cruiser gods smile down upon me.

Not a ton of pics and what I do have aren't loading to my phone. Big thanks to @TachedOutOffRoad for his guidance yesterday!

View attachment 2597798

View attachment 2597799

View attachment 2597801

View attachment 2597802

View attachment 2597804
Nice! Congratulations @greenbeast

I saw this posting on Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom