Group Buy: Big Country 4x4 LC200/LX570 welded aluminum racks, drawers, load bars - One week only! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys, we had a lot of interest after the deadline - as much as we would want to say "yes!" it is a tricky situation - we do not want to place anyone else's items at risk of missing the vessel. If the production lines are 100% certain they can work yours in on top of the order we will be in touch before we accept any funds.
Any pics of 3/4 rack?

Any pics of 3/4 rack?
We will get one in soon and add it to the website - they are not commonly sold in South Africa so no great photos to post yet - but effectively it stops right behind the sunroof and has 3 sets of legs with a 530lbs dynamic load rating.

We are back! (sort of). Sorry for the delay in response - we have been without power since Monday 5am and no running water - my focus has been on the 5 kids in our house when the power did come back on for a few hours.

Apologies to all those who have no heard back from me via email etc.

I will be sending out balance invoices today (as far as I can get before we get cut off again) and once done I will work through the emails and requests that have come in over the weekend who I have not yet responded to.

Build update: we are on course for completing everything by March 5th, in time for loading on the March 15th vessel arriving Houston April 15-18 (reminder - boat timings can occur - current 1st US port of call is Houston, that may change to Louisiana without notice, adding several days to the ETA)

@RuggedBound I'd like to see the drawer system in person. @radman and I are pretty close to each other. I know I missed the group buy, but i'm in the market for drawers and I am comparing the twin drawer set to ARB 1045s.

Do the drawers lock open like ARB drawers? Some people have problem with the plastic clips on the ARB drawers breaking.
Will the middle row in a 200 still recline with these drawers?

@RuggedBound I'd like to see the drawer system in person. @radman and I are pretty close to each other. I know I missed the group buy, but i'm in the market for drawers and I am comparing the twin drawer set to ARB 1045s.

Do the drawers lock open like ARB drawers? Some people have problem with the plastic clips on the ARB drawers breaking.
Will the middle row in a 200 still recline with these drawers?
They do not lock open automatically. They have a super simple flip up/down toggle stop at the rear of the drawer that you can toggle to stop the drawer from closing. Super simple, very basic. No springs, just interference friction from the bolt, washers and Nyloc nut holding the toggle to the drawer side.

The seats will recline into the first position - the drawers are almost flush with the rear of the seats so very little movement possible.

Do you have any drawer sets coming over that are not spoken for yet?
On the group buy shipment we are sold out. We do have one 200/570 Drawer in stock that can ship today out of inventory but of course group buy prices do not apply to it. If you are not time sensitive we can set up a discounted price on our next shipment on pre-order. Not quite as deep as the group buy but it will still be a great price.

Mine finally arrived on Wednesday and I will install them tomorrow.
I got everything installed this morning and it's quite easy as expected. Here's how it arrived. I spent less than 2 hours from start to finish and probably spent half of the time unpacking and cleaning up all of the trash.

I did it by myself but had the help of a forklift which made the work very easy. Now that I've done it once I can easily see as mentioned above the removal and reinstallation would be very quick.

packaging.jpg

easy loading.jpg

side brackets.jpg

I would definitely recommend a quick preassembly of the two brackets shown below. It makes the job much easier.

bracket preassembly.jpg

drawers inside.jpg

Sorry I didn't take a picture when I was done, I will get one tomorrow. The only issue I had when installing this is that the wing on the left side is very tight. I will trim this in the near future to make it go in and out much easier.

The only issue I had when installing this is that the wing on the left side is very tight. I will trim this in the near future to make it go in and out much easier.
Great post - happy to see you have it sorted! Yes they are actually very quick to install and remove once you have done it once.
Regarding the left side being very tight, it is most likely that the brackets are all moved slightly to the left in their respective channels. If you have the time - before trimming the panel, try to loosen all the mounting bolts to chassis to "hand tight" and with the side panels installed give the unit a few shoves to the right to see if you can make the left hand cover fit a little more loosely. A slight move of 1/8" should be possible. If that fails, running the left board over a table saw once to shave off a portion of the carpet (not all of it) will also do the trick, but I suggest doing the persuasion to the right first.

Loading day has arrived! We are packing the container in South Africa as of last night, it will be on the road to the port by Thursday and sailing next week . Current ETA in Houston is April 14th but the usual sea cargo delays by ports and weather are always a risk. However, this is our current update. For those who have not yet paid the balance invoice please do so immediately.

Great post - happy to see you have it sorted! Yes they are actually very quick to install and remove once you have done it once.
Regarding the left side being very tight, it is most likely that the brackets are all moved slightly to the left in their respective channels. If you have the time - before trimming the panel, try to loosen all the mounting bolts to chassis to "hand tight" and with the side panels installed give the unit a few shoves to the right to see if you can make the left hand cover fit a little more loosely. A slight move of 1/8" should be possible. If that fails, running the left board over a table saw once to shave off a portion of the carpet (not all of it) will also do the trick, but I suggest doing the persuasion to the right first.
I actually had this thought after I slept on it. I do not keep the LC at my main residence so when I get back there this weekend I will do just this, as I prefer to not cut anything if not necessary. I will also get more photos / video of the installed product.

Really enjoy seeing quality alternative vendors being tried out over simply going with the safe (ARB/KO2) route all the time - following this one closely FWIW
With a name like Snyman I assume you Praat die Taal. So do we:) Let me know if there is anything we can do to help with the 200 build planning and execution!

Here's a quick video I made of the install when done. I decided to convert to a black and white scale since the vehicle, and drawers are all black/light gray.

Jason, thanks for the nice clean walk-through. Do you mind if we repost it to our YT page/Instagram story?

We are sailing! Our vessel is the Diamond Land - stopping in Cape Town tonight for more containers then headed to Houston - ETA April 14th.

Passing Jeffreys Bay today (who saw Endless Summer?)

jeffreys-bay.jpg

Capture.JPG

Ahhh!!! Just saw this and got super excited then saw this group buy has already passed! I am interested in the double drawer system and have a buddy potentially interested in the 270 degree awning and the Penthouse XL Tent. I know most 270 degree awnings interfere with the US style rear hatch but this one looks like it actually has a fair bit of clearance. Any first hand experience with that awning on the US spec 200's?

Shot you a PM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom