#6 White to brown bodywork and paint (Tatonka) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Autograph the back of those in Sharpie, because those are hand made pieces of art!!

its old world type craftsmanship and hand made parts like that which reaffirm my decision to leave my rig with Kelly. :clap:

Passenger side, much more difficult due to the piece that had to be removed. Once again, it’s just clamped on with vice grips for the photo.

C454B876-2B9D-4C85-B24F-76D0CBE61586.jpeg
E500C56A-8840-44D9-B1DE-8824BBB489A7.jpeg
AC26695E-52CD-48D2-BD01-53F359CB2324.jpeg

That panel fitment is o_O

kinda boggles the mind that you did that from a flat sheet of stock

Amazing. I did a similar thing with just a hammer and plywood buck. Without the bead roller, the fold lines aren't anywhere near as clear and crisp. Very impressive work on a tricky part of the truck.

View attachment 2596159View attachment 2596160
Amazing. I did a similar thing with just a hammer and plywood buck. Without the bead roller, the fold lines aren't anywhere near as clear and crisp. Very impressive work on a tricky part of the truck.

View attachment 2596159View attachment 2596160
Now that is seriously impressive!!!!!! With a hammer? Wow! Nice

very nice. Pretty soon you'll be getting approached by far more profitable projects then LC's

Absolutely amazing metal work. I recall, years ago, watching a show with Jesse James where he would take sheet metal and hammer and english wheel it into tanks, fenders, etc. It is truly an art form and mesmerizing to watch flat metal take on 3D form.

incredible!! @kelly saad Do you paint the interior floor then sound deaden it with insulation (Killmat and Noico) as @cruisermatt did in his build thread? An option?

incredible!! @kelly saad Do you paint the interior floor then sound deaden it with insulation (Killmat and Noico) as @cruisermatt did in his build thread? An option?

Kelly will be spraying my floor, cargo area and inside the doors with Lizard Skin's sound deadner, and then rolling on Fatmat's Mega Mat Butyl over the top of it. I'm going to be the Guinea pig for the Lizard Skin install, I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

Last edited:
Kelly will be spraying my floor, cargo area and inside the doors with Lizard Skin's sound deadner, and then rolling on Fatmat's Mega Mat Butyl over the top of it. I'm going to be the Guinea pig for the Lizard Skin install, I'm really excited to see how it turns out.
Im excited as well...by the time he gets to mine he will have it perfected lol

I will be offering a system that has 4 different materials for sound deadening. Once I build a website separate from my grille site, I will have the options listed there. For now though, Tatonka and Lizard Skin it is!! My wife @RN80 will be spraying her doors with Lizard Skin tomorrow, I think.

Update. Working on patches for these quarters. I like to use this cardboard from Hobby Lobby. It bends nicely and works really well for making a template. Just made the lower, and it’s pretty good. Not easy, this Tatonka.
7B621E1E-F0FC-49C9-91A9-6CC531A8A111.jpeg
93CCABDA-1654-4198-AF61-4E31617F3933.jpeg
3B6A6CD6-4E79-470B-87B9-C498F9F05338.jpeg

Update. Working on patches for these quarters. I like to use this cardboard from Hobby Lobby. It bends nicely and works really well for making a template. Just made the lower, and it’s pretty good. Not easy, this Tatonka.

Aren't Tatonka's traditionally stubborn? :lol:

Really starting to consider shipping my truck out from Providence RI when the time comes to do all the bodywork and repaint. Great work
Im on the east Coast...headed West in July...willing to drive your rig West.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom