3XM gull wing window install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright! got these bad boys in and in great shape from the land of Oz. @lonelydriver hooked me up with the instructions as there were none with mine.

So here we go:
1. These are a 2 piece system. the main window and a "z frame" that bolts from the inside that centers it and basically seals it against the bulb welting.

JtWDOPv.jpg

XWgGwWo.jpg

2. you have to pre drill your own holes into the window frame. Put the Z frame on and just drill holes through the ones in that, pretty easy. At first it looks like there is no way it lines up... but then I realized the holes need to go in the little lip, not on the actual flat frame.

Rceu14q.jpg

4. Now you basically shove the window in there and get it as straight as you can. Its a tight fit and you have to manipulate the bulb but it goes. Once its in you can get the inside z frame on and put a few screws in loosely. make sure its all looking good and then tighten them up. I used a dewalt impact wrench. As you go around it really pulls the window in to Seal it nicely. I was impressed by the design and how well it worked.

oefztpz.jpg

6vdfPke.jpg

kpESWJO.jpg

Nice!!

how long for shipping from the Land of OZ?

trying to further understand your install- does the z frame screw into the body of the truck? are you drilling those holes in the rig or the z frame?

trying to further understand your install- does the z frame screw into the body of the truck? are you drilling those holes in the rig or the z frame?
Sorry I know this could have been more clear! No holes in the truck body. you place the z frame on the window frame and drill holes into the window frame. It actually works very well!

How much for pair? Is the opening adjustable? Ty

@ProwlerDriver

Do you think the addition of some liquid sealant (along with the supplied bulb seal) would aid in keeping out water, or do you think that would be completely unnecessary?

Thanks for the write up!

@ProwlerDriver

Do you think the addition of some liquid sealant (along with the supplied bulb seal) would aid in keeping out water, or do you think that would be completely unnecessary?

Thanks for the write up!
Based on the 40mph winds and rain today I think it wouldn't be needed.
That bulb is pressed down very tight with the way the window is set in there. I can't imagine how it would leak. But I will report if it does!

Do your window shades still fit on those?

haha that's the million dollar question my friend... they don't. This is the only thing making me wonder whether to keep the gull wings or not. I use those shades a lot.... I will evaluate my usage I guess and see!
well, perhaps you could trim or customize them to fit around the latches and into the window. just a thought

so, if i'm following your install correctly, the inner n outer frames clamp together with the screws, sandwiching the bulb weather stripping installed on the body opening?

so, if i'm following your install correctly, the inner n outer frames clamp together with the screws, sandwiching the bulb weather stripping installed on the body opening?
Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom