Help chasing a draw, connector ID help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2001 LC

I’ve got a .5a draw on this truck, unplugged all under hood fuse block connectors and found this one as the source. If i unplug that white connector the draw is gone.

I have pulled all fuses and relays in that fuse box and there is no change.

I have disconnected just about everything under the dash, unplugged both footwell fuse boxes completely. Still there.😩

I cant find anywhere in the repair manual that says what is powered off that connector.

0C9E9154-C19A-41E8-8C41-69B9CB21FC07.jpeg

I got a draw on a 98 LC 100 series but for the life of me I can't seem to find where this draw would be at? Every so often I have to jump the battery either that or buy a new battery and that gets old really fast. Any suggestion?

I got a draw on a 98 LC 100 series but for the life of me I can't seem to find where this draw would be at? Every so often I have to jump the battery either that or buy a new battery and that gets old really fast. Any suggestion?

Easiest way is to get an amp meter and start pulling fuses until you see a drop. Then figure out what that fuse goes to.

Did you just unplug it and search for what wasn't working? Luckily it's non-essential. I'm getting a ~.2 draw from my truck and the battery keeps dying if I leave it sitting for more than 3 or so days. Need to track it down.

I basically had everything under the dash unplugged, and the rear a/c stuff unplugged, I was really stumped. So then I just started working down the center console and when I unplugged the changer the draw disappeared. I've heard of changers doing this and I even thought I should check it but I didn't until I had basically everything in the whole damn truck unplugged and still had a draw.

It's a PITA, hopefully you can find it by pulling fuses/relays. somehow with all the fuses and relays pulled the draw persisted and I had to just start unplugging s***.
start pulling fuses and look for the draw to go away, then you know what components to check from there. Do you have a cd changer? If so maybe just unplug it and see if that does it since it seems to be a thing. I'm assuming you have a multimeter/dvom and know how to use it, if not then you have to buy one and watch a couple youtube videos.

I gave up trying to find draw, bought one of these. It’s working well so far. There is a button has to be pushed to get juice back to the truck but compared to jumping or replacing batteries it’s a small price to pay.

LI LEAD Auto Starter 12V Car Battery Protector

Interesting. I went though mine in about an hour and determined it's from a faulty vais BT modulator. I also started having connection issues with it, so that made it more obvious.

Interesting. I went though mine in about an hour and determined it's from a faulty vais BT modulator. I also started having connection issues with it, so that made it more obvious.
At least for me, there is a bewildering attempts to find out where the draw is coming from. Folks in the past have been grasping at straws. Every so often someone finds something that works but it seems that ‘fix’ doesn’t apply to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom