Missing Series 100 Emergency Toolkit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a Series 100 and discovered its missing the emergency toolkit. Most importantly the toolkit contains the crank to lower the spare tire. Does anyone know where I could get one?

It appears the crank is keyed to the fitting and so a simple wrench or screw driver can't be used to lower the tire. I've attached a snapshot of the crank receiver.
Thanks!

IMG_5875.jpeg

go to the dealer

I thought only Lexus's had that setup, the early Landcruiser ones used the hook from the tool kit
I just changed my 99 Lexus one over to a Landcruiser one as I didn't have the key but had a few of the Landcruiser ones

I recently purchased a Series 100 and discovered its missing the emergency toolkit. Most importantly the toolkit contains the crank to lower the spare tire. Does anyone know where I could get one?

It appears the crank is keyed to the fitting and so a simple wrench or screw driver can't be used to lower the tire. I've attached a snapshot of the crank receiver.
Thanks!

View attachment 2594501
OEM Tool kits with Jack can be had for $50 at salvage yards. Go to car-part.com, enter your vehicle info, select Body, then select Jack Assembly. I’m sure you’ll find a kit near you.

I recall reading about folks here having to go to a dealer and lucking out with someone who had a set of keys for the winch and one of them worked. Then you’d have to find one to buy and I’m not sure how hard that would be.

Or remove the lock as I and others did. This thread will help if that’s the route you go... No lock nut key for spare? No problem

Figure out that winch key and get a kit before you need it. I didn’t realize my new-to-me LX had the winch lock but no kit until it was too late. Tow truck was my only solution. You’re way ahead of me.

Last edited:
McGard sells the replacement keys but you would have to figure out which one is needed by going to the dealer unless you found an identification card in your owners manual for said spare tire lock key.

Just remove the anti-theft key from the winch. Then you can use the 'hook' on the Jack/Let-Down tool to lower the spare tire when needed.

The anti-theft feature is a joke. Any decent thief will cut the winch cable and be gone with your wheel/tire is under a minute (IF THEY ARE SLOW), so why make it difficult on yourself. Lots of threads on how to 'revert' the winch back to the same simple/reliable one used before.

Not sure if this link works but you have the diagram which shows all components. Even if they don't have it or shipping is too much you have all the PNs for what you need.

I second using car-part.com, or scouring the classifieds here. Check FBMP to see if anyone is parting a truck out.

That key part just pulls out, bet it would strip first time trying to use it if you had the key, has no leverage compared to the regular jack tool.

you can get a 200 series tool kit and jack off ebay for $100

6B1010F3-0816-4A17-941B-4242736F4BB2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom