Early pig run in PA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this photo while going through some things and my wife was kind enough to scan it for me. This was one of the early pig runs I'm guessing sometime around 2000 or so. From left to right is Gary Webster is his pretty much stock 68 or 69, then me on my 71 I wheeled than thing for years with a strong stock F engine and a four speed, never had PS on it! Next is Joe Mylie on his green truck, then Jeff LaCarruba in his 68, last Shayne Edmunds on his 77. Photo was taken at Paragon offroad park and this was one of if not the first "pig run" we had here on the east coast.
Early pig part.jpg

Love it. Some east coast Pigs. Wonder how many of those PIGS are still on the road?

Well my truck was sold to a friend in VA when I got my 78, he no longer has it and I have no idea where it is.
Joe Mylie I'm sure has the green piggy but I'm not sure if it is on the road or not.
Gary Webster sold his pig to a guy in Oley PA who was rewiring it and doing other work to it last time I saw it about ten years ago. The guy was very interesting but with eccentric hobbies- he has a number of Lotus Europas in his garage in varying stages of assembly.
Jeff LaCarruba wheeled with us regularly for a few years then just dropped out of contact. He really liked to use the gas pedal to get around on the trails. No idea what happened to either him or his piggy.
Shayne Edmunds had me do a bunch of work on his 77, he bought it from Texas and it wasn't quite as roadworthy as he had been led to believe. He had it painted beautifully in blue and white by my neighbor and used it sparingly for years. Last I know he sold it to Joe Gray another PA cruiser hoarder I believe Joe still has it in the Philly area.

The green 55 is gone. Rust got so bad it was parted and traded for work on my blue and white 55.

Something is wrong with the picture, my hair isn't gray :)

100_0021.JPG

My pc shows 2004 but the picture shows 2003. This was Rausch Creek not Paragon like Gary's picure.

From left to right it's a much younger Joe Mylie, Brian Koerner in the red SOA beast, Tom Humphries in the goat pig, Jeff LaCarruba, Jeff Dozier, me in my now 78, and I forget the name of the kid at the right end he was from Maryland. This picture as Joe said taken in the old staging area at Rausch.

2005:

ECPR2006 001a.jpg

2005 may have been the largest number of 55's ever gathered in one place on the East Coast

2006:

ECPR2005 009.jpg
ECPR2006 010.jpg

Fearless leader.

Now if he can name the owners of all the trucks in 2005, I will be truly impressed.

In the 2006 picture from left: Brian Koerner and the red beast, then Jeff Dozier and I on the front of my 78 prior to the SOA, Joe Mylie and son Quentin on his green piggy, I don't know the name of the guy with the next truck, he came down from CT for this one event and we never saw him again. I remember we weren't on the trail fifteen minutes and he had his tailpipe wrapped around the rear axle!, and last Jeff LaCarruba.

OK Here goes from the ultimate east coast 2005 pig run from left to right:
Shayne Edmunds in the 77 after he had it painted blue and white, then from Virginia Tim Hegameier, Lance Williams in the pseudo piggy from IPOR, Tom Humphries goat pig from Jersey, my 55 now orange and white SOA on 35's with a box of donuts on the hood, Jeff Lacarruba in his brown and white truck, Jeff Dozier's green and white oinker, Brian Koerner's red truck with hood open, I don't know the next truck but it is probably either the guy from CT or Gary Webster, and last Joe Mylie now is next ride the blue and white truck that came from Jim Littleton. That's the best these 69 year old eyes can do!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom