Compression test? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Helipilot

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at a 2006 with 240,xxx. Excellent maintenance records but due for the second timing belt replacement, Should it have a compression test due to the mileage? I watched the Slee pre-buy inspection video but no mention of the compression test...what do you folks think?

Looking at a 2006 with 240,xxx. Excellent maintenance records but due for the second timing belt replacement, Should it have a compression test due to the mileage? I watched the Slee pre-buy inspection video but no mention of the compression test...what do you folks think?
Personal choice, IMO. I do a compression test on every used vehicle I consider buying, especially if maintenance records are spotty. But 240k miles on a well-maintained 2uz is nothing, so I would be less inclined to do a compression test on that engine.

Personal choice, IMO. I do a compression test on every used vehicle I consider buying, especially if maintenance records are spotty. But 240k miles on a well-maintained 2uz is nothing, so I would be less inclined to do a compression test on that engine.
yeah don't forget to inspect spark plugs for oil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom