FJ62 OME, Help... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
So, I ordered an OME 2” medium kit... Something seems to have went wrong. It seems like the dealer sent me maybe a 3” rear set of springs and just stock light load replacements for the front.

The dealer is telling me that the medium kit calls for CS003F in the front and CS004RA in the rear. The part numbers on the leafs match to what the dealer said. However, when I called ARB they said CS004F and CS004RA... But then I’ve also seen CS004F and CS004RB.
(dealer also sent me the wrong front shocks, one for a sequoia and one for an FJ70

Everywhere I read, part numbers do not jive.
Can anyone help me solve this riddle? My rear end is sitting 3” hire than the front, there is a 0.5” difference between the front and rear shackles (front are shorter)... See pictures, if anyone can help me figure out how to correct the ridiculous rake it would be much appreciated - I understand there should be some rake to compensate for load, but 3” between front and rear?

795D755A-FDEA-48F1-B6AF-46710F0CB715.jpeg

D2796DED-8593-4961-8F00-1D3503F179E0.jpeg

7F6C922D-0CB7-43F5-A586-A8423D807833.jpeg

DB7D658D-D8F3-4F15-B4B5-CE7FEC10064B.jpeg

BF941E6B-54D3-4389-AF57-E44D767178CC.jpeg

That is a serious rake for sure. 3” is a crazy difference...not sure that’s a “let it settle” amount. Who is the dealer?

Here is the OME spring/shock catalog page for 60 series. Maybe this will help...

01BD63A8-A4A6-4C6A-AB1F-D0F9403E47E7.jpeg

The '4' (CS004F) is considered medium. 'F' for 'front'. CS004RA is medium 'rear' I believe but the 'A' variety. A springs are slightly taller or more arched I believe, often used to counteract side to side lean (versus a 'B' spring which is less arched). See the following excerpt from Cruiser Outfitters site:

In some Old Man Emu applications, the manufacture has developed "sided" rear leaf springs in an attempt to eliminate the instance of lean in the finished product. The "A" spring is generally slightly taller (1/2" or less) than the "B" sided spring. We make every attempt to get the right springs order from day one. We select A/A, A/B or B/B springs depending on recommendation from Old Man Emu's engineers and tech department as well as our experiences with past installation.

CO FAQ here:

Your dealer failed you. Call Cruiser Outfitters. They will hook you up.

Mine with CS004F up front and light in the rear:

IMG_6018.jpg

Iron Pig Offroad... Please note, this is by no means an effort to say anything negative about IPOR. Mistakes happen. They are trying to correct the problem, however I’m having a little trouble with their customer service rep understanding the issue.

I’m having a little trouble with their customer service rep understanding the issue.

did you send the rep a pic, kinda easy to see the issue versus trying to talk about it on the phone

That is a serious rake for sure. 3” is a crazy difference...not sure that’s a “let it settle” amount. Who is the dealer?

Here is the OME spring/shock catalog page for 60 series. Maybe this will help...

View attachment 2576749

The pics and the page @Skniper included should tell them all they need to know. No disrespect to IPO, but I am kinda shocked this setup was ever let out the door. They not only sent you two different weight rated springs, but additionally arched springs in the rear as well. Since OME springs generally tend to set the rear up higher I could see them sending you light rate springs in the rear and mediums for the front but they went totally the opposite direction on this. Maybe their confusion is on which end needs which spring weight front to back? Surely they can't look at that photo and say "yep, looks good to us".

@Skniper @Gretsch

So y’all are saying they should have sent me CS004F springs for the front and CS004RB springs in the rear?

If so, should this help level the rake out on the truck?

I just want to make sure before I send another lengthy email to the dealer...

The CS003F front leaf spring is the lightest front spring for the front of a 60 and is set up for a more stock truck with no weight up front such as a bumper or other accessory's. The CS004F has one more leaf then the 3F and is designed for more weight up front over stock such as a ARB bumper or other accessory. In the rear it is the same set up CS017R is the lighter and the CS004R is heavier. They also have one step up from that front and which is a 5F and 5R. With all of the rear springs they have "A" and "B" springs. The most common is a "B" springs which is generally 1 inch lower then the "A" spring. Normally a "A" spring is used for a truck with a lot of additional weight or someone who wants the extra height who might tow or something else. The "B" spring gives you more of a level look front to rear.

You will want to move the CS004RB and either add a "ADD-A-LEAF" to the 3F as that will turn that into a 4F up front. Or if the truck is going to remain stock without weight keep the 3F and move to the 17RB as that will give you the best ride quality and give you a move level look front to rear. Although all OLD MAN EMU lifts have the rear sit a little taller for when load it down it helps to not have the rear sag.

In the end give us a call (CRUISER OUTFFITERS) and we will get you fixed up as we keep all of those components on the shelf and will talk to you over the phone to get your truck set up correctly.

The CS003F front leaf spring is the lightest front spring for the front of a 60 and is set up for a more stock truck with no weight up front such as a bumper or other accessory's. The CS004F has one more leaf then the 3F and is designed for more weight up front over stock such as a ARB bumper or other accessory. In the rear it is the same set up CS017R is the lighter and the CS004R is heavier. They also have one step up from that front and which is a 5F and 5R. With all of the rear springs they have "A" and "B" springs. The most common is a "B" springs which is generally 1 inch lower then the "A" spring. Normally a "A" spring is used for a truck with a lot of additional weight or someone who wants the extra height who might tow or something else. The "B" spring gives you more of a level look front to rear.

You will want to move the CS004RB and either add a "ADD-A-LEAF" to the 3F as that will turn that into a 4F up front. Or if the truck is going to remain stock without weight keep the 3F and move to the 17RB as that will give you the best ride quality and give you a move level look front to rear. Although all OLD MAN EMU lifts have the rear sit a little taller for when load it down it helps to not have the rear sag.

In the end give us a call (CRUISER OUTFFITERS) and we will get you fixed up as we keep all of those components on the shelf and will talk to you over the phone to get your truck set up correctly.

I’m going to try to sort this out with the dealer... hopefully they can make th ings right.
If not, hopefully they will at least let me return the kit for a refund. If they can’t get it figured out, I will absolutely fine y’all a call.

@Chrisfj62ut
I sincerely appreciate the help.

@Skniper 100% - very slight rake, but it is immeasurable compared to how it was before.

Putting my roof rack on this week, and hopefully will have a rear replacement bumper coming soon... trying to find one I like - looking for something simple w/spare holder (any suggestions?). Once everything is installed it will sit just right.

...it also rides sooo much smoother now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom