FJ62 - Old Man Emu Installation - Detailed Steps (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a 33" diameter tire on a OME medium weight front springs. It's stuffed on a twisty camber section of the trail. The tread is rubbing. Bump stop is just contacting the saddle. I'm thinking I need extended bump stops. Anybody done this?

IMG_20201226_124842550.jpg

IMG_20201226_124904213_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My personal opinion those tires are flat out too large . That’s just my opinion to each their own .
Lol, no, they aren't to big. Or too small. 😄 They work well except when stuffing the front. They ride better and much better in the sand and loose stuff then the KO 33's (31.5") they replaced.

Loveeee how yor rig looks...love the wheels + tires too!!! fantastic. Hows the new leafs holding up? Whats biggest driving differences?? thanks

Loveeee how yor rig looks...love the wheels + tires too!!! fantastic. Hows the new leafs holding up? Whats biggest driving differences?? thanks
Thanks! Rig was awesome while it lasted. The new setup made the cruiser feel much more stable on road and a beast in the dirt. Had a offer from across the pond I couldn’t refuse and sadly let her go last year. Onto the next project!

Thanks! Rig was awesome while it lasted. The new setup made the cruiser feel much more stable on road and a beast in the dirt. Had a offer from across the pond I couldn’t refuse and sadly let her go last year. Onto the next project!
DO you remember whcih OME leaves you used front + back? Heavy/Heavy? or?

The lighter set, heavy would have been far too stiff for my setup even with the safari bumper.
Thanks bunch. Didnt notice you had a custom bumper. Trying to dial in what ill be needing from owners that have the set up. This helps. ty

The lighter set, heavy would have been far too stiff for my setup even with the safari bumper.
lil shocked the lighter OMEs were fine with that bumper..that has to be heavy. im adding a TT Aluminum bumper which will obv ne lighter than yours...and was leaning towrds medium/medium

lil shocked the lighter OMEs were fine with that bumper..that has to be heavy. im adding a TT Aluminum bumper which will obv ne lighter than yours...and was leaning towrds medium/medium
You couldn't go wrong with medium/heavy. Considering your long-range tank and spare tire on a swing out.

You couldn't go wrong with medium/heavy. Considering your long-range tank and spare tire on a swing out.
I dnt have a long range tank...you making predictions? lololol

@MoaByte & @WSOPgold2012 I'm new to the LC game, but trying to level up the '87 60 I just picked up.

I've had OME setup before but not on a wagon. Since I'm gonna do the ARB front bumper/winch & spare tire swing as well (much like @AdventureYeti setup above) -- would a medium/heavy be a smarter setup than a medium/medium?

In my experience, heavy leafs always produced too stiff of a ride for the extra 200lbs rating tradeoff.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if going heavy/extra heavy and taking a few springs out and saving them for later would be the best idea. This way you get the lift and ride quality and when you break in the springs and they settle, and you add more weight, you can add the leaves back in as needed. The money saved in shipping and the value of the spare would set you ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom