House-warming Party Feb 20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the 60.... so you should be quite familiar with the rear cross member :) I've read a few threads for the 4plus bumper install and chisel was suggested. Happy to let you grind on it if you want...... wait, that came out wrong.
I installed a 4plus bumper on my 62. I used a grinder, but it was a b***h. Took me hours just to get it out. Those rivets are no joke.

Is the party still a go if it's raining?
As of right now, the forecast is sunny Saturday and Sunday. I have a big garage we can move to if it does rain. It's supposed to be 48 in the afternoon. As it gets later and colder we can move inside if we want. I'll have the burn barrel stoked, so that should keep us warm.

@AJR is toying with the idea of bringing his smoker and smoking a pork shoulder.

The house is on a corner lot. Driveway runs between mine and the neighbor's house. Drive straight back and park in the empty lot behind the garage. Driveway and parking highlighted in red.

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 8.47.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 8.47.58 PM.png

I’m in. Thanks for the invitation. If we are wrenching I’m down with that anytime. I can bring extra grinder or air chisel or compressor or whatever. Anybody want any Charlotte area beers let me know.

Thanks guys for the offers to help with the bumper. The more chisels and BFH and grinders the better....

Might try and swing by... about 10 mins from our house. Have to do a brake job on my 200 this weekend, but time permitting I'll swing in to say hello. We are still being very conservative about distancing, so nobody take offense if I show up in a mask and stand off. Maybe it'll be the last 2FE - powered drive in Dozer that day.

I’m in. Thanks for the invitation. If we are wrenching I’m down with that anytime. I can bring extra grinder or air chisel or compressor or whatever. Anybody want any Charlotte area beers let me know.
I think Johnny is bringing a plasma cutter, so we shouldn't need an air chisel or compressor. I'm guessing the plasma cutter & a impact wrench should make quick work of that bumper.

Glad you can make it!

In talking with Adam, we think the best (portable) option is a set of torches. @AJR should be bringing them.

What time is this all going down?

In talking with Adam, we think the best (portable) option is a set of torches. @AJR should be bringing them.

What time is this all going down?
Good question. I put on the invite 3pm, but people are welcome earlier. Especially, if you guys want to get to work. @jamesurq what time will you be arriving w/ your rig?

Didn’t have a time picked out. 3 is fine by me

In a strange bit of irony, I just found out my work wants me to travel to Raleigh Sunday afternoon and be at Shearon Harris nuclear plant up there Monday morning and until Tuesday. Not going to tell them I will already be there😂😂. I was like “ok if I am needed, I will drive all the way to Raleigh....

Usually my work screws up trips. Now they’re going to pay me to come to Ryan’s party and pay me time and mileage to drive back. For the win !!!!
you can’t beat that

I might have to put in an appearance as well. This just sounds like too much fun to miss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom