New member/owner intro Northeast Georgia (and bonus first question...) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As of last weekend, I'm the proud new owner of a 2002 Land Cruiser. This is a replacement for my previous daily driver of 17 years (a 98 Nissan Maxima) but also checks a box for me as a "fun" or "enthusiast" vehicle (life is to short to drive boring vehicles). I also have a Porsche 914 and Porsche 996 Turbo, and I have found that forums and enthusiast communities add massive amounts of value to the ownership experience of these autos. I'm sure that the same will hold true for the Land Cruiser and IH8MUD and I'm looking forward to it. I live in the Northeast Georgia mountains and have always enjoyed spirited drives on the ribbons of asphalt that transverse these hills and I'm excited to add an off road dimension to my petrol addiction.

Many questions (after valid search attempts) and hopefully progress photos to follow.

My first question would be what are the best vendors for OEM parts. Trying to replace anything broken or damaged before going down the "build" rat hole (which will be a lot of fun!).

For example, where might I find a replacement for the factory roof rack cross bar locking knobs? Missing two. I saw on one thread that cap screws from a home improvement store or Auto zone might work. any idea on the thread specs? I guess I have two left and could probably figure it out with a little serendipity. Anyway, mainly just looking for trusted OEM parts (and even aftermarket for that matter) suppliers.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer!

LC.jpg

lc2.jpg

Welcome! For OEM parts, your best bet is online suppliers like PartSouq.com, McGeorge Toyota, Toyotapartsdeal.com, etc. Most Toyota dealership parts depts. will rape your wallet with atrocious markups.

Another great resource for used parts is the Classifieds section here on MUD: Classifieds - https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/classifieds.4/

Specific to the roof rack parts you asked about, I have a complete rack that you can have whatever parts you need from it. Just pay for shipping from CO.

Specific to the roof rack parts you asked about, I have a complete rack that you can have whatever parts you need from it. Just pay for shipping from CO.
Damn, now that's some MUD LUV

Looks great!

I utilize my local dealership in Greenville, SC who typically offers 25% and free pickup. They are always happy to order anything I need.

X2 for Partsouq. I like the way they organize their parts lists and have helpful parts diagrams with linked PNs and alternative options.

Welcome! For OEM parts, your best bet is online suppliers like PartSouq.com, McGeorge Toyota, Toyotapartsdeal.com, etc. Most Toyota dealership parts depts. will rape your wallet with atrocious markups.

Another great resource for used parts is the Classifieds section here on MUD: Classifieds - https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/classifieds.4/

Thanks for the welcome, the info and the generous offer! All I need are the knobs that tighten the cross bars and I hate to break up the kit just for those. Hell, that doesn't even help you clean up your spare parts pile (I'm new to the Land Cruiser game but I have a pile for each Porsche... so I can only imagine). I'd be more than happy to send you the shipping cost for 2 of the knobs if you PM me an address or PO box.

thats so funny i had a 97 i30t. without a doubt one of the most fun cars ive owned
I miss it already, such a great car! sounds like it would just be another boring 4 door sedan but it was just really good. Anyway, time to move on.... I plan on drowning my sorrows in LC accessories ….

Damn, now that's some MUD LUV

Our resident MeMeLoRd is also an all around standup dude. @JunkCrzr89 gave me a corner light housing the other day.

Shhh 🤫 I have a reputation as a curmudgeon to keep.
Rough on the outside, all soft and gooey on the inside. Sorta like a Ferrero Rocher chocolate candy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom