Shop in RDU/Triangle for pinion seal/bearings - recommendations? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He's been expensive even for retubes for me. He quoted me $800 to build a new driveshaft for moonshine, and retubes are always a couple hundred. I want to say ~$500 to do two driveshafts for @k4azy 's truck, expensive enough that I've driven to Oliver's in Winston Salem to get better prices.

Maybe he charges me more because I'm a yankee, idk.
Uh oh. As another relocated Yankee I might be in trouble here. Did make a point of complimenting his dog, in case that helps.

That factory ECU would be the way to go if you want to completely match the factory operation. In the factory version the lights come on when the solenoid says the locker is locked and blinks at you when the dial is set but the locker hasn't engaged.

Another simpler way might be just trigger the bulb with the switch/signal to the locker. While this would remind you the dial is turned it would not confirm locked axles.
Thanks Sean. Confirmation that the lockers are engaged would be nice. The ECU seems like the correct solution.

The factory ECU reads the position of the locker on the differential lock motor with a separate sensor. The eatons/harrops have an internal mechanism, with just power leads going into the diff. I don't think you'd be able to use the factory ECU for this, as there'd be no feed into the ECU that the locker is in fact locked after power is supplied.

The factory ECU reads the position of the locker on the differential lock motor with a separate sensor. The eatons/harrops have an internal mechanism, with just power leads going into the diff. I don't think you'd be able to use the factory ECU for this, as there'd be no feed into the ECU that the locker is in fact locked after power is supplied.
Hmm... Nothing is easy.

My ARB's don't have a "Locked" indicator......well, unless you count forward motion of the truck as an "indicator". ;)

Actually, there's a light that the solenoids are activated, so unless there's a problem with the air lines, then that most likely means they're locked. It is nice having a light to at least let you know the system is sending power to where it's supposed to go.

My ARB's don't have a "Locked" indicator......well, unless you count forward motion of the truck as an "indicator". ;)

Actually, there's a light that the solenoids are activated, so unless there's a problem with the air lines, then that most likely means they're locked. It is nice having a light to at least let you know the system is sending power to where it's supposed to go.

I'll echo this. However, I'll say w/ the stock lockers it was a must b/c my experience was they were really finicky and often took massaging to lock/unlock. My ARBs on the 40 have been instantaneous every time. I know others aren't as big of fans of ARB, but they've been good to me. YMMV

I'll echo this. However, I'll say w/ the stock lockers it was a must b/c my experience was they were really finicky and often took massaging to lock/unlock. My ARBs on the 40 have been instantaneous every time. I know others aren't as big of fans of ARB, but they've been good to me. YMMV

Same here. Early on, I had some leak issues after I installed the front diff, but they were installer error. Once I fixed that issue, they've been solid ever since, and that was at least 12-13 years ago.

Of course, I say that and watch the next time I go out, I'll spring a leak somewhere in the system. :doh:

Funny, I thought upside down was your locked indicator

Funny, I thought upside down was your locked indicator

Nope. Pretty sure I put it on its side once when they weren't locked too, so that's not 100%. :doh:

Nope. Pretty sure I put it on its side once when they weren't locked too, so that's not 100%. :doh:

Right. But wasn’t that in reverse. With the distraction of your lady passenger and several of us yelling WHOOOOOOAAAAAAA in your ear?

Right. But wasn’t that in reverse. With the distraction of your lady passenger and several of us yelling WHOOOOOOAAAAAAA in your ear?

Nah, pretty sure I was locked that time, but you are correct that I was in reverse. The unlocked time was at GSMTR turning sharply downhill and not realizing that my steering stops were not allowing me to turn quite sharp enough and BAM!!! That was "The Flop that led to the Chop".

Wait a tick.....what's this thread about again? :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom