Have tires gotten a lot more expensive in the last year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Swapping out the stock tires on my 2021 LC for some 275/70 18 Toyo AT3s this week. Was just quoted $281/tire, plus the roadside warranty for 5 tires, OTD cost is north of $1,800. That's a lot more than it cost just over a year ago when I put the same size Wildpeaks on my 100. I want to say that was $1,400 for those. Same Discount Tire. Wildpeaks are only $10 less per tire than the toyos now.

281 x5 is 1405. 400 more for tax, install and roadside seems high. Yes a year ago the wild peaks were running way less. I always ran toyo on my tundra but the wild peaks were 100 a tire less.

281 x5 is 1405. 400 more for tax, install and roadside seems high. Yes a year ago the wild peaks were running way less. I always ran toyo on my tundra but the wild peaks were 100 a tire less.
Roadside is $40/tire, I think, then tax, install, etc. Sales tax rate out here is around 8%.

Got the same size Wildpeaks from the same store for $230/tire a year ago (I had them look it up). Maybe it's just the Wildpeaks that are up, I dunno. I'm getting the Toyos, was just surprised at the cost. Hopefully I can sell the takeoffs for a few hundred on Craigslist.

Yeah I think I have noticed this too. Im always shopping different tires for different vehicles, have multiple sets for my 80, always thinking about switching wheels and running a different tire size, etc...BFGs, Michelins, Swampers, Nitto, Maxxis, etc...so Im always pricing them and they do seem to have gone up in the last year. I was wondering if I was misremembering of if anyone else had noticed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom