For Sale very clean 1991 LandCruiser LJ78 with 5-speed manual in great condition for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
gray
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/405945997476150/
1991 Land Cruiser LJ78G with 5-speed manual trans and 2LTE engine (Diesel) for sale. I am the first owner in the US, except for the importer/dealer. The LC is in immaculate condition. New paint in original blue-gray, the interior is in great original condition, with a new head unit with Apple car play/Android, and new speakers, sounds great. The inside/outside temp and altimeter were replaced with two dials with turbo boost, temp, battery voltage, EGT, and oil pressure. Normal running temparature is 90C, will be go to 95-100 on a very hot summer day with AC on. The 4x4 works great with the new manual front hubs. Everything in the LC works as expected. Electric door locks, electric windows work as expected. Electric mirrors work but not perfect. It also has a reverse camera. It has new Mickey Thompson 265/65R17 tires, and new wheels with a perfect offset (5 new tires and wheels). The speedo is accurate. no lift. The LC has zero rust anywhere (including under carriage, under doors, fender wells, etc). The 2nd and 3rd row seats have original carpeted mats. All seats, carpeting, door panels, headliner is very clean and nice. The LC has 269k KM (167k miles). It runs very well. I bought it because it was in a fantastic original condition, and I made it a lot better. Emissions is due in December 2020, and it passed without issue in Colorado since I have owned it. The 2L-TE original head was replaced 5k miles ago with a complete 3L head from Australia, along with the water pump, gasket kit, timing belt, pre-tentioner (a long list of replacements). It misfires for 20-secs during a cold start (I tried but cannot identify the problem). It starts up immediately with no issues, 2nd start of the day onward. It has no issue keeping up at highways speeds at 110-120 kmph (65-70mph), at around 3000 RPM. 1st gear to 20km, 2nd to 40, 3rd to 60, 4th 70-80, then to 5th. I usually go at 110-120km on the highway. I will add many more pix in the next couple days.

All fluids were replaced Oct 2019. The engine oil and Toyota oil filter (90915-30002) was replaced Oct 2020.

Engine: 2L-TE
Turbo: CT20
5speed transmission: 150F

New Parts:
Timing belt Idler assy: 13503-54030
Timing belt tensioner pulley; 13505-54021
Timing belt: 13568-129MR31
Value cover gasket: 11213-54050
Water pump, gasket and studs: 16100-59257
Engine overhaul Gasket Kit: 04104111-5410411-54104
GMB NFC82 fan clutch
Complete brand new 3L head sourced from Australia with new cam, valves, etc. with warranty
The diesel injectors were rebuilt by Odd Iron Offroad in Georgia
new injector washer kit
new fuel return manifold pipes are new
new Toyota diesel filer
new Toyota air filter
new temp shield on underside of hood
new OEM dash radio surround (55413-90K00)
New OEM key (90999-00212)
New Hella made Toyota horn set
New front manual hubs
New Batteries
I have a new weather stripping for the windshield, but I have not gotten it installed to avoid breaking the original windshield.

Price is $30,000. Please call or text me at 720-233-4280 or email daridesilva@gmail.com. Thank you

I will take/add many more pix in a few days, and add a link to them, as we are only allowed to add 5 pix.

LC front pass.jpeg

LC rear driver side.jpeg

LC read pass side.jpeg

LC Driver side.jpeg

LC back.jpeg

Good luck with sale, that is one of the cleanest LJ78's I've seen! Nice to have all the big items taken care of already for the new owner.

Your cold start issue is most likely air getting into your fuel system from the sounds of it. Not a big deal, but can be annoying for sure. Make sure all the fuel hose clamps are tight (maybe replace them). Replace your fuel primer unit (if I had to put money on it, I'd say your problem is here). Make sure no diesel is weeping at the injectors/return rail. If it is, torque the nuts a bit tighter.

Good luck with sale, that is one of the cleanest LJ78's I've seen! Nice to have all the big items taken care of already for the new owner.

Your cold start issue is most likely air getting into your fuel system from the sounds of it. Not a big deal, but can be annoying for sure. Make sure all the fuel hose clamps are tight (maybe replace them). Replace your fuel primer unit (if I had to put money on it, I'd say your problem is here). Make sure no diesel is weeping at the injectors/return rail. If it is, torque the nuts a bit tighter.
Thanks for the comments. I get a lot of thumps up. I love driving it around town. Your suggestions make sense. If it is over night, the misfire is minimal, if it is parked for a week, it will misfire upto a min. But, if you let it idle for a couple mins after starting, no issue at all. Thanks for the suggestion, I will check them out.

Thanks for the comments. I get a lot of thumps up. I love driving it around town. Your suggestions make sense. If it is over night, the misfire is minimal, if it is parked for a week, it will misfire upto a min. But, if you let it idle for a couple mins after starting, no issue at all. Thanks for the suggestion, I will check them out.
I have similar problems with mine misfiring. Did you figure it out? It looks like you have it sold , congrats! ...hoping you might still have info on 3L head source you found in Australia. I'd like to confidently road trip mine this summer...would be nice to not stress about a potential boil over. TIA!

I have similar problems with mine misfiring. Did you figure it out? It looks like you have it sold , congrats! ...hoping you might still have info on 3L head source you found in Australia. I'd like to confidently road trip mine this summer...would be nice to not stress about a potential boil over. TIA!
I did not sell it, I just pulled it out of the market. I love driving it :) I ran out of garage space, but I found a roof for the LC. The misfire is now fixed. (1) Although my glow plugs had the correct resistance, I replaced them. (2) I advanced the engine (by turning the injector pump). Now I glow 2-times and it starts immediately. The problem is resolved. I replaced the head, the gaskets, water pump, timing belt, etc. Since then the temp gauge is always at 90-95C and the original temp gauge is slightly below 1/2 all the time. The EGT moves around but the coolant temp is always at 90-95C. I check the coolant level freuquently, but I have never added coolant since the head was replaced in Oct 2018. this is where I got the 3L head: Complete Assembled Cylinder Head Kit - Toyota Hiace Hilux Dyna 4 Runner 3L - https://mrcylinderhead.com.au/product/complete-assembled-cylinder-head-kit-toyota-hiace-hilux-dyna-4-runner-3l-2-8l-diesel. Good luck with you LC

I did not sell it, I just pulled it out of the market. I love driving it :) I ran out of garage space, but I found a roof for the LC. The misfire is now fixed. (1) Although my glow plugs had the correct resistance, I replaced them. (2) I advanced the engine (by turning the injector pump). Now I glow 2-times and it starts immediately. The problem is resolved. I replaced the head, the gaskets, water pump, timing belt, etc. Since then the temp gauge is always at 90-95C and the original temp gauge is slightly below 1/2 all the time. The EGT moves around but the coolant temp is always at 90-95C. I check the coolant level freuquently, but I have never added coolant since the head was replaced in Oct 2018. this is where I got the 3L head: Complete Assembled Cylinder Head Kit - Toyota Hiace Hilux Dyna 4 Runner 3L - https://mrcylinderhead.com.au/product/complete-assembled-cylinder-head-kit-toyota-hiace-hilux-dyna-4-runner-3l-2-8l-diesel. Good luck with you LC
Glad to hear you found a way to keep it, I'm sure you would have forever regretted selling it especially after putting so much work in! I don't see anything on your list about radiator work. Are you still running stock? I am currently trying to decide if I should go China aluminum replacement or ask for a re-core. I am jealous of your cup holders too btw.

Glad to hear you found a way to keep it, I'm sure you would have forever regretted selling it especially after putting so much work in! I don't see anything on your list about radiator work. Are you still running stock? I am currently trying to decide if I should go China aluminum replacement or ask for a re-core. I am jealous of your cup holders too btw.
When I was in denial of head or head-gasket issues, I took the radiator to a specialized shop. They cleaned it and tested the volume, pressure, etc. They said it was in great condition. I asked if there was value in replacing the cores, adding new cores, etc. They said the cores were good, there would be no value in replacing (except for the good looks of a new radiator). Increasing the # of cores without increasing the size of the radiator was not possible (I've read folks adding more cores, this is why I asked). Therefore, I have the same ol radiator today. I will go with a re-core. The shop was mostly re-coring semi-truck radiators when I visited them. If its good for a semi's, its good for a LC. The cup holder is the most important accessory in any vehicle :) I cannot drive without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom