1968 FJ55 Local East Coast Swine Transfer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Copy that. Thanks guys.
@navydivedoc Do you know what this green color is called?

Thanks!
It may well be a repaint. Looking at the charts, fashion green was available in 1969. Looks less yellow than this one though.
1612290768283.png

1612290880395.png

I only saw this truck once, in August, when it wasn't for sale. Gave it a look over, but not all that close obviously.

Original?

i-HxpmFt5-L.jpg

my favorite steering wheel, looks to be in good shape-if you ever decide to sell it, im your guy. nice buy, looks pretty original with hubcaps, grill lights, turn signals, and steering wheel- enjoy it!

Timing works well sometimes. This local, rusted wreck of a 60 with a burned and seized clutch popped up locally. I'm now the proud owner of a 2F, H42, split, PS box, 3.7s, etc. Now there are some decisions to make about the 68 Pig. 2F is a no brainer with the sniper. Same argument I already had with myself earlier in the thread re: 3 on the column vs conversion. Power disc brakes will be nice.

Questions for you all.

1. On the early firewall, how tough is it to get a brake booster in there and still clear the carb/sniper and/or the clutch MC? Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

2. I'm talking with @RLMS about the 3 on the column mount for a PS conversion. The FJ40 kit he has isn't a direct fit, but he thinks it can be modified easy enough. Since I now have a 60 box, does anyone make specific plates, etc for frame mounting on the 55? Less reinventing of the wheel is good. @orangefj45 I heard you just did this for @Pigeaten and another truck. Any chance you made an extra set?

3. Do I need the later hood to get the full 2F air cleaner set up in there? I can dress the 2F like an F as I did with my 40, but options are good.

4. @FJ60Cam do you have more aluminum Pig radiators available?

5. Anyone need any 60 specific parts? Trim, etc. I don't want to get too deep into the parts business, but I also hate to scrap these old trucks.

60 series parts.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom