Setting valve lash at BTDC. How bad is that? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after reading almost every post about valve adjustment, I managed to adjust my valves yesterday starting with the BB at the pointer (7*BTDC) guess I felt I was correct because I had movement on the first few rockers in the first group. I ran it after with valve cover off, and all seemed well so proceeded to a highway run and was pleased.

Any idea how much this 7 degrees might have messed something up?

Last edited:
You can always check your lash with the engine running, let it get warm. Take off the cover and check your lash as it's running. Watch your sleeves!

Hmmm. So, I’m looking at the sequence pattern of adjusting valves at the two TDCs and figuring the positions of the other pistons and on which stroke they’re on and the relative valve positions for each one and then, well, it made my head hurt and I gave up. I think I’d just have to do it again to be sure.

Search on youtube how to set valve lash on a running engine. It's easy enough.

Yes I realized after I posted this that it sounded stupid. The obvious answer is to redo it! Which I will. Thanks!

Yes I realized after I posted this that it sounded stupid. The obvious answer is to redo it! Which I will. Thanks!
Not stupid at all but a good question for thought. Let us know if it affected them any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom