Photo Call and Club History (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
I would very much like to get pictures from all our members dating back to as far back as possible. This is for the website gallery (still under development) and also for an article I've been asked to write in Toyota Trails Magazine about our return to the TLCA. I want to do a brief history of our club as part of the article so pics will be extremely helpful.

If you pics are digital, please use this space I created to upload them. It is my private OneDrive space with unlimited space and encryption. Only people with the link the view/edit. I will create copies offline on my laptop as a back too. If they are printed, would you mind scanning them? If you can't, then would you bring them to the club meeting in Feb so I can scan them?

You can upload the pictures easily by clicking the "Upload" button...

1612035360995.png

First click on the "New" button, choose "Folder" and create a folder named after you. Feel free to create subfolders with the dates and names for the photos you will store there.

1612035460633.png

I would very much appreciate it if each of you would curate the pictures that are most meaningful or interesting. Group photos, cool club run pics, etc. are ideal.

I would appreciate if some of the long standing members would mind replying in this thread with answers to the questions below...

• What year did Battle Born Cruisers first join the TLCA?
  • At our peak, about how large were we?
  • At our lowest, about how small were we?
  • What year did we decide to leave the TLCA?
  • Why did we leave the TLCA
Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'll try to download some old Rubicon pictures from Photobucket. It has been a PITA last few times I tried.

Tony, check your site and see if the pic I uploaded came through ok. This is Mark's brother on what was winch hill #1.
I had to create an account to be able to upload it to the site. I see it seems to be working.

Got em! Weird that you had to create an account. I just signed out and tried it and I didn't have to. I appreciate you going through the trouble Mike!

Will we see you at the club meeting on Thursday? We miss your mustache!

1612385752518.png

Nice Stache. We always thought Mike was our Yosemite Sam. Tried to upload a photo of him (Yosemite Sam) but , well, you know I'm not as savvy as he is with a computer. Good find on that photo on winch hill #1 on Fordyce. Man that obstacle has changed over the years. Looks really passable in this picture. Notice all the guys in the peanut gallery. They have all shifted to winch hill #3 now.

That is my son Nick driving Ole Krusty. My Brother did do it in his FJ40 but it was a challenge with only one locker, on 35's and a bad carburetor.

It's asking me for a OneDrive login as well. I'll have to come back and look at it later - Tony I'll send you a link to my club run galleries, let me know if there is something there you want. Sorry, no free time just yet.

It's asking me for a OneDrive login as well. I'll have to come back and look at it later - Tony I'll send you a link to my club run galleries, let me know if there is something there you want. Sorry, no free time just yet.

Thank you sir! I donno what happened with the link, but I am happy to fish phots from everyone's online storage. Just send me links.

Photobucket is holding all my old pictures hostage. I uploaded them to a free account now they want me to pay to access them. :mad:

Hey @flexing40 (or anyone else): Do you know why we left the TLCA? Was the a particular reason? I thought I heard someone say that at the time it was a Land Cruiser only rule that drove us to go it alone???

Hey @flexing40 (or anyone else): Do you know why we left the TLCA? Was the a particular reason? I thought I heard someone say that at the time it was a Land Cruiser only rule that drove us to go it alone???
It was a combination of things. The consensus at the time we left was that the benefit of membership wasn't worth the restrictions it put on our membership. We were also quite small at the time, IIRC we hardly had enough active members to fill the club offices.

It was a combination of things. The consensus at the time we left was that the benefit of membership wasn't worth the restrictions it put on our membership. We were also quite small at the time, IIRC we hardly had enough active members to fill the club offices.

Thanks Dan! Do you recall the year that decision was made? Was it the restrictions about no non-Toyota vehicles?

Last call for anyone who has interesting details about Battle Born Cruisers in the early years. I am filing in earlier history (2000-2017) with high level assumptions and focusing instead on current history and future plans) I will need to submit this article to Toyota Trails soon.

Thanks Dan! Do you recall the year that decision was made? Was it the restrictions about no non-Toyota vehicles?
rusty_tlc said:

Checking my records, it seems the last time we submitted the TLCA form was 2009. As for leaving, as Dan replied above. As far as non Toyota vehicles, members were mostly 40' owners.

Checking my records, it seems the last time we submitted the TLCA form was 2009. As for leaving, as Dan replied above. As far as non Toyota vehicles, members were mostly 40' owners.
All four of us, :rofl:

I could add photos but technically I think that'd be cheating since I only just joined the club in January!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom