Bow Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
This is driving me nuts. I set up the bows and was about to finish the one over the door but I need a reality check. :idea:

First I squared up the center bow to the body:

IMG_0330.jpg

Then I checked it against the door which is square in the opening:

IMG_0332.jpg

And ended up with a nice uniform 5/8" between the C-Channel on the door and the lip of the bow:

IMG_0331.jpg

Now I measured from the lip.....

IMG_0336.jpg

to the windshield frame and got 27":

IMG_0335.jpg

Can anyone check this measurement??????

Or.................
What does your top bow measure along the top edge?
My repro measures 27" which "should" be the same as Fox's, obviously it's too long. :mad: Can I get some feedback on what anyone else's measures across the top??

IMG_0340.jpg

Oh well, at least the bare bows look good. :rolleyes:

IMG_0346.jpg

You needed to ask this last Sunday...I be gone for weeks...sorry

Phil, can't you just drop down on a 25 or early 40, grab a measurement, and get out? What kind of job you got anhow? :flipoff2:

Took me a week to compose that post. :D

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Phil, can't you just drop down on a 25 or early 40, grab a measurement, and get out?
Shhhhh! The Cuba Mission...get the whole thing!:cool:

And uhhh...how many sets of that sheet metal are around?

I just put four longer blanks in a box for you...........they'll probably beat you home.

FJnotCJ said:
Shhhhh! The Cuba Mission...get the whole thing!:cool:

And uhhh...how many sets of that sheet metal are around?

And I thought I am the first one in line for this repro (atleast I was pretty sure this time)......, well reality hurts a lot in life. :D

Ok I declear I am second in line after phill.:cool:

I can tell you next week, going up to the cabin this weekend. Do you want the measurement of the top of the top piece above the doors right? I have a couple of sets that I can measure (both B style bows) but can't get back to you until Wednesday. I'll compare the two set to make sure their the same. Both sets are from 1960 models, but I have a set from before and after the famous mid year change so you never can tell. No pictures unless I get my home computer working again. Is there anything else you want? I won't be there for a couple of weeks after that.

John

PS I think there's got to be something wrong with those doors if I were you I would send them back to where you got them from.

Living in the Past said:
PS I think there's got to be something wrong with those doors if I were you I would send them back to where you got them from.

Yeah, they're rusty! :flipoff2:

That's all I need John, just the length along the top edge of the bow I thought I made them exactly the same as Fox's.........but I want to check with another set. Mike, can you measure yours and the project's too?

Well my windshield angle matches the door. Maybe this joint in the back is the problem. The originals were a lot looser here, cheap repro parts. :D

IMG_0341.jpg

Archie 1962 FJ25 said:
Ok I declear I am second in line after phill.:cool:

I made five sets as a trial. They're close, but obviously have their problems. You'll have to do some tweaking to make them work, and the ends aren't finished so you have to cut them to length.

So, maybe one each for Phil, John #1, Me, Fox and a spare set............:doh: I mean one for Archie. Hope I didn't miss anyone from the other thread.

Archie, send me your info and choice of mail service and I'll get you a quote for shipping, they weigh around 12#.

I made five sets as a trial. They're close, but obviously have their problems. You'll have to do some tweaking to make them work, and the ends aren't finished so you have to cut them to length.

So, maybe one each for Phil, John #1, Me, Fox and a spare set............:doh: I mean one for Archie. Hope I didn't miss anyone from the other thread.

Archie, send me your info and choice of mail service and I'll get you a quote for shipping, they weigh around 12#.

Hi Jim,

I logged in after a long time. I cant believe I forgot to check back on this. sorry for delay. PM sent.

Sure, just check in when you want something. :rolleyes: :D Just kidding Archie, sent you a PM with my own request. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom