Cruiser Head (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got my radio bracket today. It looks great and the instructions are a nice touch (although the instructions start with Step #3 for some reason). Thanks!
OOPS that's a typo. I copy and pasted these into two pages for ease of printing half sheet instructions, the numbering must have carried over wrong! Thanks for catching that!

Last edited:
Incase the instructions are printed too small for anyone, here's PDF's.

Attachments

• FJ60 Ash Tray Switch Panel.pdf
    249.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Fj60 Radio Bracket Installation.pdf
    376.6 KB · Views: 154
Thought id share the fun I'm having in my attempt to over-engineer this custom piece :)
I'm using Fusion 360's Static Stress analysis simulation to find and correct the weak, overly flexible and all other areas that are likely to fail from regular usage to make the strongest/material efficient product I can.

@buoytech this is your piece I'm testing, we're just waiting on hardware before its shipped to you.

In this image below the deformation is exaggerated so I can more easily find the areas of weakness.

CUSTOM.png

If anyone has any custom requests on parts I've made, please feel free to message me and we can work something out!

Just got my radio bracket in the mail. New radio coming tomorrow or the next day. Will be a bit until I have a chance to install it, but I’m stoked! Hopefully this solves my squeaking radio. I also have a dash cap that was never glued down so I’ll share how that fits too. Thanks @SgtChase !

F4AB8B6F-504C-4A97-BBCE-41364DD08516.jpeg

Just got my radio bracket in the mail. New radio coming tomorrow or the next day. Will be a bit until I have a chance to install it, but I’m stoked! Hopefully this solves my squeaking radio. I also have a dash cap that was never glued down so I’ll share how that fits too. Thanks !

View attachment 2565053
I'm glad to see it made it! I also have a dash cap installed, It does make the fit slightly tighter but still works well. Let us know how it works out!

Last edited:
Got my radio and did a test fit. Impressive. The spacers are just there to bring it even further forward. They are installed in these photos just to show that. Radio is a Kenwood KMM-BT728HD. Digital media (No CD) for shallower depth.

BDA16C37-8E44-45CC-A714-D7E204D1B8B4.jpeg

4DA5431C-9C98-4FB3-9B72-3D9A6DD1C67E.jpeg

Got my radio and did a test fit. Impressive. The spacers are just there to bring it even further forward. They are installed in these photos just to show that. Radio is a Kenwood KMM-BT728HD. Digital media (No CD) for shallower depth.

View attachment 2567339

View attachment 2567340
Looks Great! Yeah the spacers help for accessibility and they allow the user to install the radios trim piece, the stock FJ60 radio slot concaves inward to where the radio trim wouldn't fit without spacers. Thanks for posting! let us know how the final fit is!:cheers:

Just ordered hardware to continue in the design/test/production of the dash blank piece so that's coming soon.
I like the choke idea, I could make a blank or a button insert.
Which vent? Can you send a picture of the area please?
sorry for the delay, car was in the shop the whole week; this is the vent I'm talking about:
IMG_20210128_143934.jpg

A grill-like cover, something that anchors into some of the holes so there's no need to drill, might actually make it look cool even if it's not busted like mine

ok 8/80 - 9/87 60 series folks pay close attn. to this well deserved update here in @SgtChase 's FJ60 Solutions thread ....

this is sweeter then sweet , better then good , and well impresses the hell out of me personally so much i asked him if i could

have the privilege of taking some of the tri-pod digital photos for TOYOTA 4WD Owners Magazine article here in a

near future issue coming up ...... :)

so after he said OK , nature took its own path in my personal TEq world ..........:beer: :idea:

note:

to be krystal Klear this is ALL @SgtChase 's 3D digital art work , i only mounted the rockers switches and took photos , for any further info. or to pickup one of these PIPE DREAMS Turned Reality , please Contact via PM @SgtChase ...thanks !

DSCN6446.JPG
DSCN6448.JPG
DSCN6451.JPG
DSCN6452.JPG

@SgtChase I'm interested in the radio bracket...can you please let me know if you can ship to Islamabad, Pakistan? If yes, what will be the shipping charges?

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom