Happy Rock Warrior Day (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
I just ordered a set of 4 center caps here: Toyota Parts Deal
I ordered some from TPD this morning and here is the e-mail I received a few moments ago:

>Thank you for ordering parts with us.
>We are writing to inform you that order CT288900 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been >discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

I ordered some from TPD this morning and here is the e-mail I received a few moments ago:

>Thank you for ordering parts with us.
>We are writing to inform you that order CT288900 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been >discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

Did you order Part# PTR18-34071?

Here's what I see when I check my order status:

Order1w.jpg

I'm just waiting for the email confirming shipping.

Don't understand why you are having a problem...

HTH

HTH

Yep, that is the part number I ordered and had cancelled. Maybe you placed your order before me and cleared out that last of what they had on hand.

Just to be safe, I reordered it 5 minutes ago and will update if the order is cancelled again.

Yep, that is the part number I ordered and had cancelled. Maybe you placed your order before me and cleared out that last of what they had on hand.

Just to be safe, I reordered it 5 minutes ago and will update if the order is cancelled again.

I suppose it's possible I got some of the last ones - I placed my order yesterday morning.

I suppose it's possible I got some of the last ones - I placed my order yesterday morning.
Well my second order was cancelled for the same reason as the first. "Out of stock, back ordered and no ETA."

Shoulda done it yesterday when I saw your post.

I got my order in last week and said it shipped , there was a seller on Ebay who had 4 still in stock the other day .

Here's what I see when I check my order status:

View attachment 2567979

HTH

Evidently parts were on backorder, but are on their way now - latest status:

Hello from ToyotaPartsDeal.com,

Thank you for ordering your part(s) with us.

We would like to inform you that we have ordered the parts (which are listed below) from the Toyota Parts Center to complete your order. We will ship out the order in its entirety once we have all the parts.

Part No. Description Order
Qty.
Status ETA*
PTR18-34071TRD 17 FORGE CENTCAP4On Order02/06/2021

*ETA Estimated arrival time to our dealership.
**On order to Toyota Parts Center with an estimated arrival date.

If your order takes longer than the estimated ETA above, we will send you an email and update you on the status of your order. Please contact us if you do not receive an update email.

Notice* Your PayPal transaction will be processed within 2 business days from the date the order is placed.

Thank you for your patience.

Information: If you prefer not to do so, tell us what you want us to do.

Regards,
Customer Service
ToyotaPartsDeal.com

Note: This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

When I called them, they expected them to ship 8 FEB.

@Desert Yeti , I can almost taste that beer 🍺

Mine are faded and could be replaced. It doesn't bother me so at least for now I'm going to ignore them. But I wonder what other options there are to keep them on and just resurface/repaint? I'd like a do it once and be done with it solution. I'd love for a forged center cap that matches and never needs any work. A pipe dream for sure.

I wonder if you covered a set of the new ones with a paint protection film if it would help them stay nice looking for longer? The set I had were oxidized and faded, so I just replaced them. The truck looked a lot better without the corroded center caps.

9FFF98F1-19C3-4466-BEAC-CB06C5F4A88F.jpeg

The caps look great when new. I'm on my 4th set for my RWs. They simply don't last. Disappointing for sure, given how much Toyota wants to charge now for a RW wheel. Wonder if I can powder coat them and maybe they'll last longer?

I wonder if you covered a set of the new ones with a paint protection film if it would help them stay nice looking for longer? The set I had were oxidized and faded, so I just replaced them. The truck looked a lot better without the corroded center caps.

View attachment 2576276

Here's what your old one looked like when new (Left), and what a new one with the new Part# looks like (Right):

1612540236216.png

The new ones appear to be much more robust than the old ones.

As far as your idea of coating these, even the newer ones, probably won't do any harm and could very well help. My suggestion would be some automotive clear coat like this:

1612540426656.png

I've used it on badges and such with some success.

HTH

I bought a set of 5. Still looking for the wheels though. Lol

Sorry for the stupid question:

The only way to change these is to remove the wheel, correct?

I removed mine without taking the wheels off, but it was destructive. I was replacing them anyway so I didn't care.

Evidently parts were on backorder, but are on their way now - latest status:

Hello from ToyotaPartsDeal.com,

Thank you for ordering your part(s) with us.

We would like to inform you that we have ordered the parts (which are listed below) from the Toyota Parts Center to complete your order. We will ship out the order in its entirety once we have all the parts.

Part No. Description Order
Qty.
Status ETA*
PTR18-34071TRD 17 FORGE CENTCAP4On Order02/06/2021

*ETA Estimated arrival time to our dealership.
**On order to Toyota Parts Center with an estimated arrival date.

If your order takes longer than the estimated ETA above, we will send you an email and update you on the status of your order. Please contact us if you do not receive an update email.

Notice* Your PayPal transaction will be processed within 2 business days from the date the order is placed.

Thank you for your patience.

Information: If you prefer not to do so, tell us what you want us to do.

Regards,
Customer Service
ToyotaPartsDeal.com

Note: This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

When I called them, they expected them to ship 8 FEB.

@Desert Yeti , I can almost taste that beer 🍺

Just to close the loop on this...

My caps arrived today:

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom