What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These came as complete units from @just differentials. The 100 is my work truck, daily and everything else, so I couldn't afford to pull the diffs, send them off, and then be without my vehicle. If it was just lockers I probably would have given it a go, but there was no way I was going to try my inexperienced hand at a regear.
Nice!

Front end Friday:

EDD55BBF-7E3F-463C-9971-58EAFA501E76.jpeg
F930BC7B-397B-4E30-8BA5-EF0BF3A8EAEC.jpeg
A6B3C1A3-3A5E-48B5-A6B7-CC7EF259C2F6.jpeg

Ironman4x4 bumper, Auxbeam 7” spotlights (no DRL or halo or line).

Wiring in an A/C condenser fan from a ‘99 onto my ‘05. I was going to wire it to the high pressure A/C switch but decided I wanted full control. Now that it works, I’ll pull 12 volts from the fuse block so it’s only hot with the ignition on. My A/C works great so it was more of just a fun little project to pass the cold days in central Missouri. 🙂

Installed new transmission mount and Trail-Tailor creeper skid.

1612617670652.png

Installed new transmission mount and Trail-Tailor creeper skid.

View attachment 2577473
I have ASFIR skids sitting in my garage for weeks now, but I keep on thinking that @trailskids are superior protection and easier to put on.

Any body interested in buying brand new ASFIR skids for transmission and transfer gear?

Sounds like a 3-position rocker switch. Personally, I would use a simple push button ON/OFF switch like one of the Stedi switches that I linked previously. I would then splice the ditch light’s DRL wire into the headlight’s DRL wire so that the ditch light DRL actually functions as a DRL rather than a selectable.
That's a great suggestion. I didn't want to run the DRL's on the ditch lights when driving on regular roads but seeing as how they come with covers I suppose this should work.

Still trying to get my rough idle figured out. After spark plugs, coils, maf cleaning and fuel injectors, I went to the PCV valve today.
Valve was fine, grommet was crunchy. Valve came out, grommet went in. 😭😭😭

I guess it’s time to install all the gaskets and covers on the engine as I work my way down over the next 10 hours...
did you check fuel pressure?

Completed my first ever power steering flush. Original was brown color. Used the forums well documented procedure.

Cleaned reservoir with Coleman white gas. Used a bottle brush to remove ring stain around the circumference worked great. My screen looked good so didn't touch it. Rinsed with a little bit of ATF to help remove any residual gas.

Only oops was at the end when I lowered the truck and turned on engine with return line hose still unattached, thinking it doesn't circulate until wheel is turning. Nope.
So...please reconnect your return line before turning on the engine. That I'm sure is pretty obvious to most everybody but me.
Had to use as extra qt to get air out and fill reservoir.

Drove around a little checked for leaks. Can't really tell a difference in steering but happy I'm keeping up with maintenance.

I have ASFIR skids sitting in my garage for weeks now, but I keep on thinking that @trailskids are superior protection and easier to put on.

Any body interested in buying brand new ASFIR skids for transmission and transfer gear?

I might be interested. How much for both delivered to Charlotte, NC
BTW, I have a 2000 TLC.

Got rear-ended by a snowplow. Fortunately minor, but tailgate and tail lights are jacked up.

Guy who hit me has State Farm. Does anybody have experience/stories/advice working with their "Select Service" shops?

Any recommended auto body shops near Denver?

Finished installing a heap of metal. Thanks to @TRAIL TAILOR for the parts - TourFlex Heavy setup from Toughdog, with the 53mm Ralp's upfront and the adjustable foam cells in back. The control arms were tricky to fit but now the rear drive shaft sits just right. Incidentally, I can't get out of the garage now :confused:

IMG_20210206_181244.jpg
IMG_20210206_181314.jpg
IMG_20210206_181305.jpg
IMG_20210204_151908.jpg
IMG_20210204_185005.jpg

Finished installing a heap of metal. Thanks to @TRAIL TAILOR for the parts - TourFlex Heavy setup from Toughdog, with the 53mm Ralp's upfront and the adjustable foam cells in back. The control arms were tricky to fit but now the rear drive shaft sits just right. Incidentally, I can't get out of the garage now :confused:

View attachment 2578013View attachment 2578014View attachment 2578016View attachment 2578019View attachment 2578021
Your truck looks great especially that color is second to none, despite @MongooseGA might say ;)
To get the truck out, I'd try to let the air out of the tires to see if it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom