What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced upper and lower control arms. Should have done this when I put the lift on. Drives so much better.

C3D8006E-A1F7-40F2-88CC-59CD74079167.jpeg

Same oh... I'm just going stock now. I'll do the lift in a month or two. For now all new UCAs, LCAs, sway links, tie rods (in/outers) and new splash guards. Also installed Bilstein 5100s.
Next week going for braided brake lines. Can you just disconnect the factory adaptive suspension thingy? Or it will start throwing dash light on?

1612165067485.png

I finally converted the rear airbags to springs and installed the 5100s. It needs to settle, it went up way more than the 2" it was supposed to in the front. Also I have to figure out what to do with the electronic control wiring. I temporarily zip tied it to the uca until I can figure out if I can remove it.

IMG_4721.jpg
IMG_4729.jpg
IMG_4727.jpg

In reply #4077 of this thread, I wondered whether my wheel bearing was bad, due to a 'mud tire sounds' at 45 mph. I later saw that Lexus diagnosed a 'bad LF wheel bearing' right before I bought the truck (bearing was not replaced). I missed that along the way, but am glad I downloaded the Lexus service history.

So, I replaced the bearing and hub assembly yesterday with a Beck-Arnley complete hub/bearing set (my brother had this as a spare - bought it on Rock Auto for $94) and the growl is gone. Also, when you spin the old wheel bearing in your hand, it sounds bad. 172K miles was the lifespan of this factory bearing.

So, my Lexus is now 'Lexus quiet' as it should be.

After a lot of blood sweat and a set of cut in half rear shocks, I finally got my Icon Stage 1 lift installed. Went up 3" up front. One rear shock appears to have come pre-blown out so the fun never ends with this lift kit haha.
DSC09231.jpg

Also installed a TacoVinyl emblem. So cute ^___^
DSC09238.jpg

Then went exploring some parts of WA with some truck bros. I have a vid up on my IG @thesquidd
DJI_0040.jpg

... I have to figure out what to do with the electronic control wiring. I temporarily zip tied it to the uca until I can figure out if I can remove it.

If you follow the wiring up into the engine bay there is another connector. You can disconnect the wiring there so you don't have anything loose hanging around.

Took the 31” light bar that’s been hanging out on the roof the last 5 years down. I couldn’t get it to play nice with the new wind fairing I made. Turns out it fits perfectly underneath the trimmed front bumper. It will likely get rock chips here and break, but should provide some decent off road light and remain hidden.

91F4F17B-CB7B-4B82-BE3F-1B982C39CA68.jpeg

Last edited:
New shoes!
255/80r17 Toyo Open Country AT3s.
They do much better in snow than my 265/70r17 Goodyear Wrangler MallTerrain tires did, based on an hour or two of playing in the front yard.

PXL_20210205_011157250.jpg

PXL_20210205_011404835.jpg

New shoes!
255/80r17 Toyo Open Country AT3s.
They do much better in snow than my 265/70r17 Goodyear Wrangler MallTerrain tires did, based on an hour or two of playing in the front yard.

View attachment 2576648

View attachment 2576650
Very nice! How do you like them? You are the only other one in the exact same tire set up as me that I have seen. I haven’t had any snow in Tennessee to try them in yet.

Spent the last 2 days painting new headlights. Originals were in bad shape. Finally installed them today! I'll get a better pic tomorrow.

20210206_224215.jpg

20210206_224140.jpg

Worked on my GX over the weekend after picking up from Patrick at Greer Automotive Services where they put my lift on and wheels. Wired a second battery, added a switch for lights, installed ditch lights and removed running boards. Still need some cleaning up to do but my fingers are numb from the cold lol.

Lexus GX 470a.jpg

Lexus GX 470b.jpg

Lexus GX 470c.jpg

Very nice! How do you like them? You are the only other one in the exact same tire set up as me that I have seen. I haven’t had any snow in Tennessee to try them in yet.
I'm happy so far! Hwy manners and noise are good for an AT. Snow/ice feels solid. TBD on the rest....

The Falken wildpeaks look a little more aggressive, which I may miss in summer.

Quick grill repaint - gloss black on the grill w graphite wheel paint (duplicolor) on the emblem

PXL_20210207_002149236.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom