EGR delete question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the middle of deleting the EGR on my 96 and have a question. Have block off plates for the pipe off the head and the upper intake manifold but thought of stuffing some high temp steel stick or equivalent into the exhaust port on #6 where it feeds to kill the flow completely. Exhaust manifold is off so its no extra work. Dumb idea?

I don't see the value in doing this. If you have the ports blocked at both ends of where the pipe was then you are good to go.

In the middle of deleting the EGR on my 96 and have a question. Have block off plates for the pipe off the head and the upper intake manifold but thought of stuffing some high temp steel stick or equivalent into the exhaust port on #6 where it feeds to kill the flow completely. Exhaust manifold is off so its no extra work. Dumb idea?

Howdy.... Please tell me where you found block off plates to do this. I'm looking, thanks

I don't see the value in doing this. If you have the ports blocked at both ends of where the pipe was then you are good to go.
It prevents hot gases from filling the runner that goes from one side of the head to the other.... right back there at the
#6 cylinder. Number 6 cylinder seems to be the most common spot for failure, so we don't really want any additional heat back there.

There are good and valid arguments for both positions (delete and block EGR or not).

what?.....is it like buying drugs paraphanailia or something? lol gotta use code words? seems strange to me. but ok ill go with it.

All I know (in my case) is that a couple of the key-chains happened to fit the ports perfectly.....so why not use them.

EGR block off2.jpg
EGR block off3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom