Coal MIne Cruiser Classic 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking at upcoming events and saw this posted... hopefully things will work out this year!

1612232899804.png

Just put in for vacation!

Is it going to be at Anthracite this year? I know they were working on improved camping facilities but hadn't heard anything new about it lately.

this is taken right from their site.... the dates are updated but the body is the same as last year... i guess no changes and someone simply forgot to change the year ...

When​

This four-day event with wheeling for every skill level will be held July 4-17, 2021.

Where​

CMCC 2020 will be based at the common area at Twin Grove Campground. The facilities at Twin Grove are fantastic and the folks that run it are great. It is very kid friendly.

Off road trails will be at Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area, one of the best off-road parks in the North East, located in the heart of the central PA coal district, featuring over 7500 acres of widely varied terrain offering everything from rugged dirt roads to extreme hardcore rock gardens. AOAA has trails of all difficulty levels to accommodate drivers and vehicles of all levels from beginner through intermediate to hardcore. Obstacles you can expect to encounter at AOAA include hill climbs, mud holes, off camber trails, and some of the most intense rock crawling offered on the East Coast.

I'm looking forward to actually going to CMCC this year.

July 4-17 - that’s a long event! :)

I only have one wedding this summer to go to. July 17 :(

No matter where the flyer says off-road events will be held at this year's coal mine event, anyone can choose to wheel at either Rausch or AAOA any day of the event. It's not like there are any "coal mine event" organized wheeling trips. Show up, get into a group at whichever venue you choose to wheel at that day, and have fun. Having said that, the event organizers have always tried to get groups together in the staging area for those new to offroading and odds are that they'll be AAOA for the coal mine event trying to do the same. Over the years I've led many a green trail ride at coal mine events for people who have never had their trucks offroad before. It has pretty much always worked out well.
I've been to AAOA many times and am still learning the trails especially in the western reserve across the highway from the staging area. It's enormous and our club has barely scratched the surface of finding all the good trails over there. Are there three days of good wheeling at AAOA? Yes. Same can be said for Rausch. You pay your money and wheel wherever you want.
No matter how you cut it or where you wheel, the coal mine event is and always has been an awesome time. From the beginnings with wheeling at Paragon and staying at the Red Ridge campgound, through moving the offroading to Rausch and having the activities at Judy's campground, to the current great facility at the Twin Grove campground it's an event that is hard to beat.

Does Judy still have the hots for you Gary?

This is definitely on the menu. Leaving for LCDC the following week, so im not trying to break anything the week before. But I gotta always make sure everything works, right?

This is definitely on the menu. Leaving for LCDC the following week, so im not trying to break anything the week before. But I gotta always make sure everything works, right?
LCDC???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom