For Sale Santa Fe NM, 1994 FZJ80 NO Affiliation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Just saw this on our local Craigslist. Looks to be in really nice shape.

Hey!
Not a poverty pack, be careful using those words, You get people excited, just like me.

Thanks for the link share! Looks to be pretty clean.

Is that a repaint or original finish?

No flares, no sunroof, no steps, no spoiler, solid 1/4 panel glass, etc etc.. Have seen some with different configurations.
Can u explain what u mean? I see steps

im interested what is this worth?

he asking alot id say 13k?

Can u explain what u mean? I see steps

im interested what is this worth?

he asking alot id say 13k?
He is referencing what lack of accouterments come on a poverty pack 80.
I think his asking price is high. I can’t determine from photos alone it’s worth but it looks clean and it looks non-locked from the photos. If there’s great maintenance history and if the vehicle checks out through a PPI, then maybe 13-14 but that’s if it’s been taken care of and everything is documented to prove a tight, neat, and wrinkle-free truck.

He is referencing what lack of accouterments come on a poverty pack 80.
I think his asking price is high. I can’t determine from photos alone it’s worth but it looks clean and it looks non-locked from the photos. If there’s great maintenance history and if the vehicle checks out through a PPI, then maybe 13-14 but that’s if it’s been taken care of and everything is documented to prove a tight, neat, and wrinkle-free truck.
I’m new here.. what is missing in a poverty pack 80? Was that the base model or does it mean someone has stripped it?

See above @Mdej3’s post. He mentions a few things but consider a google search. You’ll find the poverty pack lacks the “luxurious” accouterments hence the name used, “poverty pack”.
I haven’t seen factory poverty packs for sale so I assume it’s relatively rare to find an 80 stripped of the niceties in the US market where most people desired the niceties.
It seems most people in this forum don’t want any of that so they can modify the vehicle to their desires/needs as well as avoiding additional things to break. I.e. sunroof leaks, roof rack leaks/rust, running boards that people want to remove to replace with sliders, just gives a better slate to work with.

so this PP is not something that ppl wish to own? better to stay away?
This vehicle is not a poverty pack. No one said stay away, I commented stating it was expensive. I would not pay what they’re asking, but that’s me. If it was a known mud member with credibility, I would reconsider. But as it stands, it’s unlocked, clean but I don’t know the history. YMMV.

This vehicle is not a poverty pack. No one said stay away, I commented stating it was expensive. I would not pay what they’re asking, but that’s me. YMMV.
IM sorry my understanding is rough. What is POVERTY PACK? its a new term for me... is it sought after or no go? The pic with the tires inside it shows rust and a lil damp to me for a southern rig

IM sorry my understanding is rough. What is POVERTY PACK? its a new term for me... is it sought after or no go? The pic with the tires inside it shows rust and a lil damp to me for a southern rig
Hey man, have you read the thread in it’s entirety? Poverty pack is explained more than once. It is simply the lack of specific items on the vehicle. People on this forum seem to desire the poverty pack but again, it’s up to each individual to know whether they want or don’t want those amenities. Do you want the port installed running boards or roof rack? Do you like having a sunroof? Cloth interior? Power windows? Rear spoiler? Etc etc.

People love poverty packs. Personally, I can go either way but if two identical 80s presented themselves to me and one was a poverty pack and the other had a bunch of port add-ons, then I’d choose the poverty pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom