The neverending battle with the bright ideas the PO has (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doing some chassis electrical modification, I'll definitely do a write up on that even if just to stroke my own ego.

But it seem the PO has been thinking (a dangerous pastime indeed) and came up with an idea.

Now I pose to you, the people who have seen everything under the sun:

What the hell is this thing

IMG_20210203_103353892.jpg

Probably cruise control or towing related, but not sure. Just basing on the very little text I can make out "Speed" and "adjust" There's some text on the box, get the number or read the text and google it for sure.

looks like maybe a keyless remote system. Did the keys come with a key fob? Do you see wires going into the rear doors from the door well in between the hinges.
Nope no key fob. Front doors don't have any motors in them, I've never taken rears apart though.

I should also say I have verified that the original engine control circuit board is where it's supposed to be, and that the vehicle runs fine with the orange box tossed into the back seat.

Last edited:
Probably cruise control or towing related, but not sure. Just basing on the very little text I can make out "Speed" and "adjust" There's some text on the box, get the number or read the text and google it for sure.
You know what I googled the box and got nothing

Buuut

I did rip out a cruise control lever thing from the steering column and a vacuum actuator from the throttle linkage when I got the vehicle like five years ago. I bet you're right.

I think its an old alarm if it was a cruise control it would have another plug on the box for the stick that would be mounted on the steering column and thesr wires would be way smaller than the wires on the plug that we see there also will have s vacuum operated sylinoid under tje hooked to a main vacuum port like the brske booster vacuum port and a cable mechanism from the sylenoid to the throttle linkage. I have installed hundreds of them and thousands of car alarms

You know what I googled the box and got nothing

Buuut

I did rip out a cruise control lever thing from the steering column and a vacuum actuator from the throttle linkage when I got the vehicle like five years ago. I bet you're right.
You just verified what it is right there if you look at my post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom