1974 FJ40 - Thoughts on Ironman 4x4 spring kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Foam Cell Pro kit is new. Probably not that many installed out there yet. I love the FCP shocks on my 100. Probably would have gone this route if it was available when I was ready to lift my 40. Ended up going 4" Hell Creek springs and Bilsteins instead, but, man is it stiff. If you're not trying to go real high, I imagine you'll be very happy with the Ironman shocks. No clue about their leaf springs, but the ends look pretty beefy.

The Foam Cell Pro kit is new. Probably not that many installed out there yet. I love the FCP shocks on my 100. Probably would have gone this route if it was available when I was ready to lift my 40. Ended up going 4" Hell Creek springs and Bilsteins instead, but, man is it stiff. If you're not trying to go real high, I imagine you'll be very happy with the Ironman shocks. No clue about their leaf springs, but the ends look pretty beefy.
Thanks Steve. The truck will be semi daily driven, not hard core offroading, so high lift is not what I'm after, mainly the ride.

Thanks Steve. The truck will be semi daily driven, not hard core offroading, so high lift is not what I'm after, mainly the ride.
Send us a message if you have any questions on the suspension. We are new to the states in the last few years but making suspension in Australia since 1958. The Foam Cell Pro specifically was designed about 8 years ago and going strong. The ride quality is smoother due to the shocks being 100% oil filled and wrapped in foam which creates a smoother compression.

I know most on here use OME for suspensions in their FJ40, but anyone has experience with Ironman 4x4 in their FJ40?

Hi! This shock absorber is so underrated
I know most on here use OME for suspensions in their FJ40, but anyone has experience with Ironman 4x4 in their FJ40?

After a lot of research and comparissons , i finally made up my mind. I preferred ironman foam cell pro😇 actually i made a pre-order from aus. I am excited

I am currently installing the Nitro Gas 2" lift on my FJ40, should be back on the road next week, I'll post up my thoughts.

Nitro_Gas_2_Suspension_Kit_Suited_for_Toyota_40_Series_Land_Cruiser_1960-1980_-_Performance_Lo...jpg

Hi! Is there any update sir? Please let us know. If you have ig or youtube pls let us know as well. Thank you!

I literally just posted about the Foam Cell pro kit on my FJ45 on Friday. I share some thoughts about it here.

See: Ironman 4x4 Suspension for 40/45 Series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ironman-4x4-suspension-for-40-45-series.1268135/

Hey @mmw68 , could you give an update please?
I've only driven it less than 100 miles so far. It was a night and day difference. It's still a brick on wheels, short wheel base lifted truck.
I took a very long drive on Sunday, I would recommend the Ironman lift.

I've only driven it less than 100 miles so far. It was a night and day difference. It's still a brick on wheels, short wheel base lifted truck.
I took a very long drive on Sunday, I would recommend the Ironman lift.
How do the shackle angles look? Can you post a picture?

I'll be able to take some pictures this weekend.
sir, give us some photos or videos hehe :D do you page or youtube account so we can follow you? i am still waiting for my kit to arrive. i am excited. what do you think is the ideal lift for for FCP shocks.

MMW68 - bump
Get back to us re Ironman springs on your ride. Post up some pics of your rig. Curious to see height and where the rear springs are located within the rear wheel well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom