Sound deadner information. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was cleaning up and found some info we used for my son’s build. This was a great site and had loads of info. They have since retired and left the website up for a while to access the info. It has since been removed.

Mods, if this is against the rules please do what’s necessary.

We did all but the roof because I didn’t want to remove the headliner.
Did not use any foam sheets. Also did the rear panels like they recommend to do the doors. The fj is quieter than my gmc.

Attachments

• Sound deadner info.pdf
    140.4 KB · Views: 196
I used them when I did the sound deadening in my 60. I didn't do the doors (just didn't seem like the MLV would fit between the door cards and door....or the roof (though I may do it this summer if I decide to put in a new roof liner.

I was bummed to hear they ceased operations. The quality of their products (especially MLV) was much better vs any other options I'd found. site provided great info into doing the work as well.

If you had removed the headliner, would you use the butyl sound deadener or the foam?
Do you think the Butyl would stand the test of time on the roof?

I would. Use a name brand just in case. I used noico on several vehicles and have had great luck with it.
can’t use mlv because it’s to heavy.
the stuff they use is expensive but good.

for the roof he recommended using 3/4" hydrophobic melamine foam along with the CLD sheets. MLV is way too heavy to put on the roof.;

I had excellent results in a previous vehicle with B-Quiet Ultimate, followed by 1/4" (or 1/8" where space was tight) closed cell foam, followed by 1/4" MLV. The MLV made the biggest difference in my opinion.

If you had removed the headliner, would you use the butyl sound deadener or the foam?
Do you think the Butyl would stand the test of time on the roof?
I was reading a comment here the other week that someone put deadener on their roof and the heat made it fall off and stain the headliner.

I was reading a comment here the other week that someone put deadener on their roof and the heat made it fall off and stain the headliner.
I put second skin audio damplifier pro on the roof of my FZJ75 (under the headliner) and I am positive that stuff isn't coming off - even in the Saudi heat. If you use an asphalt based deadener then you might get a different result.

I put second skin audio damplifier pro on the roof of my FZJ75 (under the headliner) and I am positive that stuff isn't coming off - even in the Saudi heat. If you use an asphalt based deadener then you might get a different result.
Got an Amazon link for that stuff?

Got an Amazon link for that stuff?
I haven't checked on Amazon even though I shop there often. I bought it direct from Second Skin:

Edit: Amazon carries it as well but I suggest you read the information on the Second skin website. I have used the Damplifier Pro and the Spectrum.

Amazon product ASIN B0134VHSGK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom