Searching for ignition 12 volt power FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
So I am installing a new aftermarket head unit and I am having trouble with the 12V ignition power (red on the harness) my wire from the rig is getting intermittent voltage so I think I have a break somewhere in the trucks harness. I am attempting to bypass it and I found another wire that had voltage with the ignition switch on. Tapped into it and everything worked great! Then I turned the wipers on and the head unit died.

So here I am search for another source of Ignition power or maybe accessory power would work as well. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Hey guys,
So I am installing a new aftermarket head unit and I am having trouble with the 12V ignition power (red on the harness) my wire from the rig is getting intermittent voltage so I think I have a break somewhere in the trucks harness. I am attempting to bypass it and I found another wire that had voltage with the ignition switch on. Tapped into it and everything worked great! Then I turned the wipers on and the head unit died.

So here I am search for another source of Ignition power or maybe accessory power would work as well. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.
Read the FSM diagram. It shows you clear as day. The closest harness is the HVAC console and there are a few to choose from. One that stands out is the unused power antenna plug. Make sure you wire in constant +12v as well, not just switched +12v.

Read the FSM diagram. It shows you clear as day. The closest harness is the HVAC console and there are a few to choose from. One that stands out is the unused power antenna plug. Make sure you wire in constant +12v as well, not just switched +12v.
Thanks for the input. Ended up just splicing into the cig lighter. All is working great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom