Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just pray it doesn't rain forever and that you don't have a flat-roofed tent! :rofl:

Hey now! That at least made the evening interesting LOL!!!!!! ALWAYS lower one corner of your awning! Won't be making that mistake again. BTW, ARB sent me a replacement extension arm absolutely free.....talk about GREAT customer service!

This year I am ready....I already have a backup reservation at the bent elbow. Bring it on!

I checked out the Bent Elbow. Looked better after I reserved at the other place.

It seems that we’re starting early this year. We’ve started discussing, dates, camping, and hotels...

Is it already time for the comms discussion? 😂

I'm a first timer. What's the percentage of campers vs. hotel people? Was planning on camping in our very-good-in-the-rain REI ground tent, but I don't want to be the only a**hole sleeping in the mud.

Also, I'm a card-carrying member of the HAM club. IH8CBs and GMRS radios are for families at Disneyland.

I'm a first timer. What's the percentage of campers vs. hotel people? Was planning on camping in our very-good-in-the-rain REI ground tent, but I don't want to be the only a**hole sleeping in the mud.

Also, I'm a card-carrying member of the HAM club. IH8CBs and GMRS radios are for families at Disneyland.
To me it looked like the majority of people were in ground tents or the tents on their roofs.

I think it's well mixed. Maybe just over half camping, the rest hotels. Silverton has very few hotel options so some folks end up in Ouray.

Camping is pretty well mixed with campers, RTT, in car sleepers (biased shoutout to the SS1!) and ground tents. You won't stick out for being on the ground, but it does get wet and muddy so there are advantages to being up one way or another.

Did we just become best friends?
1612068970571.png

I think it's well mixed. Maybe just over half camping, the rest hotels. Silverton has very few hotel options so some folks end up in Ouray.

Camping is pretty well mixed with campers, RTT, in car sleepers (biased shoutout to the SS1!) and ground tents. You won't stick out for being on the ground, but it does get wet and muddy so there are advantages to being up one way or another.

Is there any place near that has RV hookups? I’d settle just for an elec hookup to keep the wife sane.

are there tickets or are people just booking accommodations right now?
Accomodations right now. There's lots of options but all have some give and take as well as small inventory. It's pretty traditional for everyone to get their situation figured out beforehand.

Last edited:
Accomodations right now. Lots of people have been signed up for close to 2 years now for HIHX! There's lots of options but all have some give and take as well as small inventory. It's pretty traditional for everyone to get their situation figured out beforehand.
thanks for the heads up! I guess i'll start figuring things out. Will there be enough tickets for everyone that wants to go? I remember trying to get tickets before and was unable to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom