BMW X5 (E70 2008) front seat install questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
E70 seat.jpg
Hi, just bought some non-heated BMW X5 seats for my 62. Wondering if anyone else has put in similar and if so, did they run into issues and was anyone able to locate the seat module wiring diagram so that I can find the pins I need to connect to? I am hoping that without the power or cooling, it will be a simple install. I did notice that the track width will require a bit of modification to my Torfab brackets.

I remember Theron installed them in 'The Bean". don't know if he did a writeup on (Believe Tor installed them for him). If you get it figured out let me know...might be doing the same install.

Where did you find the seats...I've been looking and those look really clean.

I remember Theron installed them in 'The Bean". don't know if he did a writeup on (Believe Tor installed them for him). If you get it figured out let me know...might be doing the same install.

Where did you find the seats...I've been looking and those look really clean.
I found them on EBay. Really good seller-Ersa Motors. Had them shipped to me in less than a week. I think the guy that bought Bean lives up here. I now have some E92 seats that are in pretty good shape to get rid of. They were working fine when I took them out, but need a wider seat. Want to add aftermarket heaters too. But first need to get these sorted.

There was a site that had full pin outs, but BMW shut them down, its behind a pay wall now. I used that for my 3 series seats, but I also went to the local BMW shop and talked to the service manager who had one of his techs pull up the wiring diagram for me. Did you get the body side of the pig tail?

No, just the seats. I put it out there on Bimmerfest, hope they come through.

Maybe these will help
121399C0-F327-42F8-AF51-5564EABE1C56.png
E14CED02-4BD0-4514-897B-978C383F89B6.png
FA8E4DAB-D008-43EF-8A96-7414DB6B5503.png
512370B1-DA09-4017-9093-82A9B9BD3B81.png
2BCEE5BE-8A8B-4A15-81D3-79196DE6ED63.png

Here is the paywall site. The information, if it is like the old site, is great. pin outs, pictures, function descriptions.

LOL $30 for 24 hours access. BMW has you by the balls

Well, it seems that the wiring is the least of my problems. The E70 seats are quite a bit wider than the E92's. The track width is 18 3/8" vs around d 16 1/2". Just a bit longer than the Torfab brackets I have. Unfortunately, the are also wider in the cab, so there is an issue with the Transmission tunnel preventing me moving the seats more towards the middle of the cab. I have plenty of room in the center, but there is a structural channel that is right in front of the rear heater that runs across the cab that is preventing me from moving the seats over without lifting the brackets enough to clear. I'll get some pictures. I need to move it over to clear the outside of the door from hitting the seatbelt cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom