LX470 for Costa Rica? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another option: buy a 100 Series in Mexico, and drive down and pay duties to import to Costa Rica. TLC's are a bargain here in Mexico! I have lived here off and on for 25 years, and my vehicle of choice has always been the 100 Series (three different times). What happens is the elite buy them, and maintain them well, and then when they are 10 years old, they want to upgrade to a newer flashier SUV. But the reason they are such a bargain, is that the majority of local market cannot afford the gas consumption. To give you an idea, my current Cruiser: 2004 Araco built - purchased for $13,500 USD with only 75K miles. No rust - no body work. There is a vast Toyota network in Mexico, and the longest wait for OEM parts on order is 10 days - for anything. Do a quick seach on "Mercado Libre Mexico" and fill in the blanks. There are usually some pretty good options listed. Regarding the drive: Mexico is safe (regardless of the fake US news). The obstacle of getting to Costa Rica will be the drive through Guatemala and Honduras which could be difficult. Just stay on main roads and never drive at night.

Another option: buy a 100 Series in Mexico, and drive down and pay duties to import to Costa Rica. TLC's are a bargain here in Mexico! I have lived here off and on for 25 years, and my vehicle of choice has always been the 100 Series (three different times). What happens is the elite buy them, and maintain them well, and then when they are 10 years old, they want to upgrade to a newer flashier SUV. But the reason they are such a bargain, is that the majority of local market cannot afford the gas consumption. To give you an idea, my current Cruiser: 2004 Araco built - purchased for $13,500 USD with only 75K miles. No rust - no body work. There is a vast Toyota network in Mexico, and the longest wait for OEM parts on order is 10 days - for anything. Do a quick seach on "Mercado Libre Mexico" and fill in the blanks. There are usually some pretty good options listed. Regarding the drive: Mexico is safe (regardless of the fake US news). The obstacle of getting to Costa Rica will be the drive through Guatemala and Honduras which could be difficult. Just stay on main roads and never drive at night.
A Tacoma was randomly shot up during an overland trip while traveling on a federal highway in Mexico earlier this month. It’s not fake news.

Ah, yeah, if i was considering outright buying a 100 series and importing this might be a good solution. The real reason I'm seriously considering this import is i'd be getting the LX for a trade of my wife's '13 prius, which is paid off, so it's like getting the truck for free =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom