WeGoNow. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife and I @razzoo have been full time travelers since August. Prior to that we spent our winters in Texas. We decided to sell most of our stuff, except the land cruiser and head off into the unknown. My job allows me geographical independence so all we need is close proximity to an airport and good cell service. We changed our residence to South Dakota and headed South. We are blessed with many friends in the Cruiser community and look to grow that family.

2021 plan, so far, is to hit Western US and PNW. So far we have Jan/Feb in AZ, March / April in Utah then Nevada. We will hit KOH and hang out with the Rusty Nails race team, we are also signed up for the Wagon run in the Rubicon. Perhaps even sneak up to Moab for the Cruise Moab event.,

Hope to see, and meet some of you while we traverse this great country of ours. Hope to see you along the way.

Moderator, if this is in the wrong section i apologize

2010 Tiffen Phaeton, 97 LX450 with some mods. LX is towed 4 down with built in breaking system and tire pressure monitors.

LX is with @richardlillard1 in AZ now getting a front axle rebuild and additional love so its ready for KOH and Rubithon.

flat tow.JPG

Prinsu 1.JPG

Last edited:
My wife and I @razzoo have been full time travelers since August. Prior to that we spent our winters in Texas. We decided to sell most of our stuff, except the land cruiser and head off into the unknown. My job allows me geographical independence so all we need is close proximity to an airport and good cell service. We changed our residence to South Dakota and headed South. We are blessed with many friends in the Cruiser community and look to grow that family.

2021 plan, so far, is to hit Western US and PNW. So far we have Jan/Feb in AZ, March / April in Utah then Nevada. We will hit KOH and hang out with the Rusty Nails race team, we are also signed up for the Wagon run in the Rubicon. Perhaps even sneak up to Moab for the Cruise Moab event.,

Hope to see, and meet some of you while we traverse this great country of ours. Hope to see you along the way.

Moderator, if this is in the wrong section i apologize

2010 Tiffen Phaeton, 97 LX450 with some mods. LX is towed 4 down with built in breaking system and tire pressure monitors.

LX is with @richardlillard1 in AZ now getting a front axle rebuild and additional love so its ready for KOH and Rubithon.

View attachment 2554797

View attachment 2554798
You can keep it right here! Look forward to hearing/seeing your LX adventures. Envious of your circumstances and plans! Hope to see you on the road/trail some day...safe travels

Even more tech related... are you towing with drive shafts attached? transfer case in neutral, transmission in park?
Drive shafts are in. T-case in N. Trans in park. Using blue ox tow bar. Details
Of setup can be found right here in mud. I’ll dig up the thread when I get home. We visited Tombstone and Bisbee today.

Last edited:

Sorry @SHREG , I didn’t recognize it because the tow rig got considerably larger. I have read your entire thread.

Will be joining you in the Wagon Run in June with another LX. Look forward to hearing your adventures in camp. Hoping to make Cruise Moab as well. Safe travels!! Until then I’m pull’n up a chair and making some popcorn :popcorn:

Sorry @SHREG , I didn’t recognize it because the tow rig got considerably larger. I have read your entire thread.
No worries. Yes, when we sold our house we upgraded the bus. Previously ran a Seneca amd loved it. Had every intention of keeping it but as with many things in 2020 that changed as well.

You can keep it right here! Look forward to hearing/seeing your LX adventures. Envious of your circumstances and plans! Hope to see you on the road/trail some day...safe travels
I see you are located in San Antonio. We consider Texas our second home state and have been members of LSLC for around 20 years ish. We spent the past 3 winters in Austin on Lake Travis. Last year we attended the Roundup and finally made it out to Big Bend... You sure cant get THERE by accident. We spent December in Grapvine and spent a ton of time with our LSLC family. Spent Christmas up in Bonham. Will likley find our way back to DFW in 21...

I see you are located in San Antonio. We consider Texas our second home state and have been members of LSLC for around 20 years ish. We spent the past 3 winters in Austin on Lake Travis. Last year we attended the Roundup and finally made it out to Big Bend... You sure cant get THERE by accident. We spent December in Grapvine and spent a ton of time with our LSLC family. Spent Christmas up in Bonham. Will likley find our way back to DFW in 21...
We’re new to LC community but have wheeled since a youngster. Need to get connected w/ Lone Star. Got into the community through the Solid Axle Summit guys...I was hooked immediately. We split time between TX (SA) and Utah (PC). Still need to be based in SA another 5yrs or so. We graduated from tents to an airstream a few years ago. 22’ so could pull easily and get it into tighter places and have boondock options (such as up in the Chisos in Big Bend where you can’t get a Phaeton). However, can’t pull an airstream in the mtns with a LC without significant mods that I can’t imagine making at this point. Continue to look at options of how to get a LC and a camper to the same spots. Intrigued by your set up, but intimidated by the thought of getting that Class A beast around the country without a driver!! 😆

@richardlillard1 is a bad driver but a world class 80 series guru
You are correct sir! Got the LX back on Thursday and plan a shake down run this Saturday at a place known as Walnut Canyon south of Superior AZ. As for the repairs the list was long, its been 7 years + since @Poser rebuilt my axles and got me rolling after my initial purchase. 70K miles and 3 sets of tires it was needing some love. I asked @richardlillard1 to go over it like it was his own... Just dont take it out on the trails like it was his own :)

Rebuilt front axle
New rear pads and rotors
Assortment of belts and hoses
Center diff actuator was faulty and not engaging properly. Wire loom was tested and repaired where needed along with pulling the actuator and cleaning out the goo that was keeping it from working. Front and rear lockers inspected and tested for functionality and rear E-Brake de-rustified and adjusted to spec.
Several broken bolts as a result of only 1 winter in Wisconsin! That salt takes its toll.

If your in the Phoenix area and need any 80 work... only one call is needed. The crew did an awesome job for what i thought was a fair price.

Looking forward to the Saturday shake down... Many thanks for the recommendation and many thanks to @richardlillard1 and crew.

WeGoNow......

Successful shake down run. We ran Walnut Canyon Via Battle Axe road near Superior AZ. Great trail, not super technical but enough to get things dialed in and tested. Great little river crossing.

Walnut Canyon AZ.JPG

Walnut Canyon AZ3.JPG

Man I would take that setup down to Baja, post up on the Cape all winter and just enjoy life to the fullest. 😆

Some really nice rv parks on the northern East cape that you could home base from.

Cheers

Man I would take that setup down to Baja, post up on the Cape all winter and just enjoy life to the fullest. 😆

Some really nice rv parks on the northern East cape that you could home base from.

Cheers
"Cape" as in East coast? Our plan for 2022 is East Coast starting in Key West. Not aas many trails there as out West but we will look for them.

Continued the shake down run at KOH this weekend. Gave the Old OME suspension a work out thats for sure but it performed well. Got to work the lockers on a couple sandy hill climbs..to my surprise we went right up witout issue. Ran into several Cruiser folks from the west coast "Bra
".. A friendly bunch for sure. Enjoyed our trip into the Peoples Republic of CA for the week. KOH Was pretty epic....an epic amount of sands. We got out Saturday and headed to 29 palms... Now back over in AZ, Camp Verde area to continue exploring.

Hammer sunset.JPG

"Cape" as in East coast? Our plan for 2022 is East Coast starting in Key West. Not aas many trails there as out West but we will look for them.

Look into the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic and the Fall Crawl at the Cove on your list for 2022. Annual events that many MUD members from the Mid-Atlantic to the Northeast attend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom