pig crewcab pick up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would need a lot more work to do it “right” than a single cab. Some have just cut the cargo area off behind the C-pillar and put a goofy little 4’ flat bed on there and called it a pickup. At that point it’s like, why? You chopped up a 55 and put a bed on it to hold your backpack and a 20qt ice chest - bravo.
To do it right, the frame needs to be stretched to make at least a 6’ bed, with the rear axle centered correctly without 5’ of overhang. A crew-cab would need at least two sets of front doors, so that the back 1/2 - 1/4 of one set could be grafted on to the rear 1/2 - 1/4 of the rear doors to eliminate the factory wheel-well curvature. The floorpan would also need to be reworked in this area and bottom portion of what would then be the rear cab corners.
By that time it would be at least as long as a Troopy, if not longer.
Would be a sweet project to see someone attempt sometime. I’ve been daydreaming about building a Pigup some day. It’ll take at least two rigs to make, and I’d only do it with rust-bucket parts rigs.
For now only one project at my house at a time....

Would need a lot more work to do it “right” than a single cab. Some have just cut the cargo area off behind the C-pillar and put a goofy little 4’ flat bed on there and called it a pickup. At that point it’s like, why? You chopped up a 55 and put a bed on it to hold your backpack and a 20qt ice chest - bravo.
To do it right, the frame needs to be stretched to make at least a 6’ bed, with the rear axle centered correctly without 5’ of overhang. A crew-cab would need at least two sets of front doors, so that the back 1/2 - 1/4 of one set could be grafted on to the rear 1/2 - 1/4 of the rear doors to eliminate the factory wheel-well curvature. The floorpan would also need to be reworked in this area and bottom portion of what would then be the rear cab corners.
By that time it would be at least as long as a Troopy, if not longer.
Would be a sweet project to see someone attempt sometime. I’ve been daydreaming about building a Pigup some day. It’ll take at least two rigs to make, and I’d only do it with rust-bucket parts rigs.
For now only one project at my house at a time....
Here is an option without 2 trucks...Dingo
1611470780555.jpeg

Yeah, flatbed - makes it easier. The wild idea is a fleet side bed, cut along the upper body ridge, a couple inches below the cargo window, with a factory appearing font section of bed. The back section of one with tailgate to form the back of the cab, the back section of a second to make the bed and tailgate.

I think I would build it like the Australia UTE's, I’ve see some 200’s chopped up that would be a good camping rig for the style of camping we do at the Pig Party’s.

24_1800x1800.jpg

Check out their 79 page too.

sq5_ce1e7754-5b9e-4ecc-85ac-ec5b2532cde8_1800x1800.jpg

121545010_3424983947590649_6526257455355165848_o_1800x1800.jpg

Here is an option without 2 trucks...Dingo
View attachment 2563314
I think I would build it like the Australia UTE's, I’ve see some 200’s chopped up that would be a good camping rig for the style of camping we do at the Pig Party’s.

24_1800x1800.jpg

Cool use of the old rear wheel arch - a storage cubby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom