Builds Car souq pickup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks bud! I will go out and look now. Just went outside looking for it on the opposite side because of this diagram from RM183.
View attachment 2554656
Are you thinking of the wiper lock relay?
I’m assuming you didn’t find it? Mine is on the driver’s side and I’m pretty sure it’s the relay. I’ll try to take a photo.

I’m assuming you didn’t find it? Mine is on the driver’s side and I’m pretty sure it’s the relay. I’ll try to take a photo.
@John Young I could be wrong; I think it probably is the wiper lock. Regardless that was my problem. Here’s a bad photo of the device and connector.

C70690B8-FE20-4630-A524-29A9FB1BCE12.jpeg

So I put on my flip-flops and went and looked:
1610773330661.png

1610773355711.png

1610773562877.png

@John Young mine is located higher and closer to the door. You need to look behind that black wrapped wiring loom.
I went out and looked but did not find anything other than that 6 pin connector that had a dummy plug in it connecting pins 1 and 3. Tomorrow is another day. I truly appreciate the advice, WDE.

I am writing it up on Golden Boy's thread, but long story short, 👍!

my wiper relay on 93' 75 series was in pass side behind the kick trim, green unit and clearly said wiper relay.

my wiper relay on 93' 75 series was in pass side behind the kick trim, green unit and clearly said wiper relay.
Was that a RHD or LHD truck, 2F? In my LHD truck the kick panel on the passenger side is kind of chock full of HVAC stuff. Although I have not unbolted the plastic trim to see what is behind it.

I did manage to get the wipers working, but only one speed (the slow speed). I now suspect that the jumper I found in the socket is where the relay ought to be. In any event, after I get the truck registered I'm going to tear the dash apart to see for myself how it all looks. The guys had it apart several times, screws don't match. HVAC sliders are stiff (but the heater does work--unusual in a Gulf truck) .There are some questions in my mind about the rear tank (the LED blinks), and I want to put a basic radio and speakers in the truck. So I will find out, one way or another if and where the wiper relays are.

LHD, 1fz truck

LHD, 1fz truck
...supports the idea that the jumper dummy plug I found is where the relay is meant to go--and why the wipers work only at one speed.

Saturday was a busy day. Started off at the DMV inspection services. Very efficient process over here. Pay at the drive through booth (8 or so lines) and then proceed into one of the 3 buildings. Each building had at least 6 lines. Typical stuff: lights, horn, nothing falling off, emissions check, front end then rear end (guess they are checking balance and brakes??), and finally a bay where a guy underneath checks steering linkage and PTO's (as far as I can tell). Took maybe 30 minutes from waiting in line to pay until I left. Only took one photo.

E2CFCB45-6210-44E4-9B2D-03DD20B0ADC9.jpeg

Last edited:
After I got home I proceeded to turn a 2 hour job into 5 hours..... Pulled the bedliner and installed the rivet nuts for the bed mounted spare tire bracket. This bedliner is thicker than I thought; was not easy to punch through with my hole punch.

I had never looked under the bedliner. The bed was a bit scratched and dinged up but not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. I washed it out well and coated everything with Boeshield T-9.........if it's good enough for the aerospace industry I think it will work for me. I bought two cans but one was enough to coat the entire bed under the liner.

I really like the look with the spare in the bed. Definitely worth the effort.

BDB81F6F-DF7E-462A-9022-4568A46E116F.jpeg

2517DC4F-EB76-456A-9D78-6B2C21735D7C.jpeg

2C56A824-7B48-481E-B989-757D1D585049.jpeg

So elegant! How about I ship Golden Boy over to you for the same treatment? Our 75 looks so .... well .... well-used compared to your beautiful truck! I had to laugh when I saw the lock on the spare and the spare tire cover. Yesterday when we were moving a sofa I just left the spare at home next to our refuse bins, and the headlights occasionally went out for a moment for no apparent reason at ransom intervals. Seriously though, your truck is magnificent.

BTW, if Saudi is like the UAE you are not supposed to photograph inside the testing stations. I almost got in trouble for that once. I had the sign pointed out to me by guys there more than once. One of the things they do check for in the UAE is the braking force mismatch between sides. It is really efficient in the UAE too--and seems quite honest.

Last edited:
So elegant! How about I ship Golden Boy over to you for the same treatment? Our 75 looks so .... well .... well-used compared to your beautiful truck! I had to laugh when I saw the lock on the spare and the spare tire cover. Yesterday when we were moving a sofa I just left the spare at home next to our refuse bins, and the headlights occasionally went out for a moment for no apparent reason at ransom intervals. Seriously though, your truck is magnificent.

BTW, if Saudi is like the UAE you are not supposed to photograph inside the testing stations. I almost got in trouble for that once. I had the sign pointed out to me my guys there more than once. One of the things they do check for in the UAE is the braking force mismatch between sides. It is really efficient in the UAE too--and seems quite honest.
Thanks John. There were no signs saying no photos but I am always careful to take them discretely. Also why I only took one.

Edit: Full disclosure on the spare lock. I put it on and took the photo but I don't know how to lock it. Something on the list to figure out. I didn't tighten it down with a wrench so maybe you have to do that before you can actually lock it with the key. Not sure. For now it's back in the house with the spare keys.

Last edited:
pretty streamlined process. about to go through this in Jordan when truck is out of paint for registration. will try to grab some photos of what I am sure will be the exact opposite of what you guys describe in UAE and Saudi. Kuwait is pretty uneventful as well.

and the rear tire mount is looking great.

The lock on the tire is really simple.... with key turned two little prongs come out ant the inner nut will spin when you turn it, with it turned the other way, two little prongs come in and then when you spin the outer shell the inner nut will not spin.

This picture answered a question for me. I never understood the hump in the middle of the beds. Did not think about a pintle hook hitch there.

1611500561940.png

The lock on the tire is really simple.... with key turned two little prongs come out ant the inner nut will spin when you turn it, with it turned the other way, two little prongs come in and then when you spin the outer shell the inner nut will not spin.

This picture answered a question for me. I never understood the hump in the middle of the beds. Did not think about a pintle hook hitch there.
Not sure what hump you are talking about. From underneath? There's not a hump on the topside.

F84E69E7-2F46-45BB-9AE6-E0873ACD649B.jpeg

I think he’s referring to the cutout in the rear trim. ..... and yes, drawing straight arrows isn’t my strong point.
2E0B3F74-37BB-4BEE-B1FB-FC8FCC60D674.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom