FAKE SCOOP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just brought home a 2021 access cab. Driving it home was the first time I ever sat in it. I had no idea ( I know, my bad ) how much I would dislike the fake scoop and how much it affects my view.

Any Ideas on what I could do? to change out this hood?

Thanks

Brand new truck ya better be sure the paint is an exact match or a buyer could accuse you of lying about an accident. I bet a good body shop could remove it and fill, spray and document the repair. Then sell the scoop on a forum.

I was surprised at how many people actually wanted a scoop.

As a scoop owner I got used to it and now I don't even think about it. I agree it's somewhere obstructive but not terribly so. When I test drove the truck it definitely stood out, not enough to not buy it though.

As a scoop owner I got used to it and now I don't even think about it. I agree it's somewhere obstructive but not terribly so. When I test drove the truck it definitely stood out, not enough to not buy it though.
Thanks, I'm beginning to see it your way.

I had an errant thought about making the scoop functional. Then, I remembered doing that on a 1970 Mach I Mustang I bought new in 1970. WAAAY too much cold air getting into the engine compartment--The engine barely warmed up, even in the summer. So, I quickly abandoned that idea.

Modded scoop on 3rd gen 4runner. Im sure tacoma mod is similar.

They have been putting scoops on Tacos and 4Runners since forever ago.

They are all non-functional.

Cutting a hole in it is not going to increase airflow out help with cooling because that engine does not have airflow or cooling issues either on the trail or on the highway and there is no intercooler or similar device underneath there because there is no turbo or diesel engine in there.

Your best bet would be to swap with somebody who wants one and has a brand new truck, because once the paint starts to fade all bets are off whether or not it will look right.

I will say with my fifth generation 4R the scoop sometimes catches light and blasts sunshine right in my face. It doesn’t happen frequently but when it does it is blinding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom