Pilot Bearing Puller Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a good (non-slide hammer) pilot bearing puller that I could borrow to pull a bearing out of the main gear cluster on my H55F?

Good ones are $100+ and I just don't feel like paying for something I will probably use only once.

Please let me know. I will take care of it and replace it if I damage it.

Thanks.

Polit bearing for a clutch?
Cram bread in the hole full as possible then take a bolt that just fits in it then hammer it home add more bread hammer some more the bread will push it out

Polit bearing for a clutch?
Cram bread in the hole full as possible then take a bolt that just fits in it then hammer it home add more bread hammer some more the bread will push it out

I think he's planning on using it for a pocket roller bearing, which toyota uses a lot of in transmissions and transfer cases. I've done a few in mini truck tcases and they are a pain without a proper puller. For pilot bearings in a crankshaft, nothing beats the ghetto hydraulic press out method.

Confused which bearing. Is this the front counter shaft bearing or something in the back? I looked at the bearing puller set Toyota used but those are a lot more than $100 used and most were missing pieces. Since I have to replace the input shaft on a H55F I've looked into.a little. I played.around with pulling the front counter shaft bearing on a H42. That dropped the counter shaft enough in a four speed to pull the input shaft. On a H55F the fifth gear to be pulled to allow counter shaft to drop. Hoping to only replace the front two bearings and input shaft. Got lucky the transmission is good shape and full of clean oil. Transfer case wasn't as lucky but plan on 3:1 gear set anyway.

I have pullers here at the shop. If you could bring it down we can throw it on my bench you can use what you need.

Plan B would be AutoZone loaner tool program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom