Cascade Cruisers - Club Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Howdy friends. I've been skipping the club meetings for Covid safety but just trying to enjoy all of the sunny weekends we've been having, even if I have to drive to the coast or inland to find them. Got a shellfish license and harvested some mussels, got myself a basic fly fishing setup and learning about a different way to stand in a body of water and drink beer.

IMG_3066.JPG

Dude I fly fish regularly. I know this spot on the deschutes. It’s pretty much the only way to fish IMO.

Howdy friends. I've been skipping the club meetings for Covid safety but just trying to enjoy all of the sunny weekends we've been having, even if I have to drive to the coast or inland to find them. Got a shellfish license and harvested some mussels, got myself a basic fly fishing setup and learning about a different way to stand in a body of water and drink beer.

View attachment 2557366

I'm 100% a noob to fly fishing, grew up spin casting in fresh and salt water but I'm enjoying the challenge so far. Planning to get enough practice in before the season so I can actually catch some fish once it warms up. The Deschutes is beautiful although I hear it really gets packed in the summer.

I'm 100% a noob to fly fishing, grew up spin casting in fresh and salt water but I'm enjoying the challenge so far. Planning to get enough practice in before the season so I can actually catch some fish once it warms up. The Deschutes is beautiful although I hear it really gets packed in the summer.
Yea. Everyone starts somewhere. I fished my whole life on gear. Switched over about 8 years ago. The crowds can be easily avoided if you know where to go. There are still great fish in that river now. Just read that water and present that fly well and you’ll be golden! Well have to get out sometime.

I would LOVE to get a fly fishing club run put together. 90% of the reason I wanted a Cruiser was to get to the out-of-the-way places to fly fish.

Post-COVID, let's get something on the books. High mountain stream, s***ty dirt roads to get back there, some good bandito camping... would be a great time.

Tried some dirtbag nymphing this past weekend on my standard outfit and got lucky with a decent little fish. Thinking about a euro nymph rig for a little variety even though it's not as much fun as casting dry flies.

tempImageiwUCWy.jpg

Hello again. I met many of you at a meet n greet years ago. Then moved to Ohio for a spell. I am happy to be back in the area. Had hoped to come out of the covid bunker for the April meeting, but kiddos soccer got priority. In all cases looking forward to reconnecting.

Tried some dirtbag nymphing this past weekend on my standard outfit and got lucky with a decent little fish. Thinking about a euro nymph rig for a little variety even though it's not as much fun as casting dry flies.

View attachment 2581434
Euro nymphing is highly effective way to fly fish. I was just out for the salmonfly hatch and cleaned up pretty good but mostly on giant dries. However I do euro quite a bit and am very with my productivity. You should come out with us sometime.

Hello again. I met many of you at a meet n greet years ago. Then moved to Ohio for a spell. I am happy to be back in the area. Had hoped to come out of the covid bunker for the April meeting, but kiddos soccer got priority. In all cases looking forward to reconnecting.

Awesome! Most of our events and meetings are on Facebook, but we try to cross-post them here too. It would be great to see you again!

Euro nymphing is highly effective way to fly fish. I was just out for the salmonfly hatch and cleaned up pretty good but mostly on giant dries. However I do euro quite a bit and am very with my productivity. You should come out with us sometime.
I'd like to — I've been getting out to Maupin about 2x a month but interested in any spots closer to town or points west as the weather turns sunnier. Haven't pulled the trigger on a euro setup yet.

I would LOVE to get a fly fishing club run put together. 90% of the reason I wanted a Cruiser was to get to the out-of-the-way places to fly fish.

Post-COVID, let's get something on the books. High mountain stream, s***ty dirt roads to get back there, some good bandito camping... would be a great time.
90% of the reason I fly fish is so that I don't have to see people....

View attachment 2581434
Nice fish, interesting wound. Almost looks like an adult lamprey wound, but the fish size and status of the wound in February doesn’t seem to fit. Fly fishing and Land Cruisers sounds like the ultimate affinity group!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom