Website (1 Viewer)

Purchase and Publish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Alright here's the website. Background pics, font and content are not set in stone, but the overall layout and style should remain as it is since it would be a pain to change it. Ideally I would like to get as many club members together as possible this summer to do some group pics of member rigs instead of generic images. I haven't change the domain name pointers for battleborncruisers.com/org yet, so this is just a placeholder address.

You can sign up if you wanna see the member area, but here is a screen shot of my bio and the member search tool. Just click the login button...

1610689600036.png

1610689903557.png

1610690096515.png

Looking good.
Maybe Will (@DesertLake ) can donate some of the photos he has taken for some "stock" imagery. You are welcome to go through my Flickr account and grab what you like for the site, plenty of stuff there from Petroglyph runs, stuff from building up BeBe (60) and playing around with Alita (100). Don't have a "real" camera anymore so stuff now days is purely iPhone based, but thinking of grabbing something again this year as I miss photography.

Looking good.
Maybe Will (@DesertLake ) can donate some of the photos he has taken for some "stock" imagery. You are welcome to go through my Flickr account and grab what you like for the site, plenty of stuff there from Petroglyph runs, stuff from building up BeBe (60) and playing around with Alita (100). Don't have a "real" camera anymore so stuff now days is purely iPhone based, but thinking of grabbing something again this year as I miss photography.

Thanks! I am planning on asking everyone in the club to upload their favorite high quality photos of their rigs (as many as they like) to a private folder I'll setup, then I'll add them to the gallery. All club members will be able to upload content to the site whenever they want too.

Alright I stuck the thread and will add a poll. Here's my proposal:

We need a new site and it doesn't make much sense to do one that doesn't add more functionality for us and for guests. Key features I want to see include...
  • Landing page for prospective members to learn more about us.
  • Events calendar
  • Public image gallery
  • Member's only pages
  • Online membership dues payment options
  • Link to club store
We currently have enough surplus money to run the site for 1-2 years without risking deficit. I propose we purchase for one year and dedicate ourselves to using it and evaluate whether it has provided us enough value to justify the ongoing expense. If yes, then we do 3-years to save the club some more money.

I propose increasing basic membership to $35 in 2022 to help offset the cost of the site.

Below is a list of benefits and tiers available to us. Note that only the business/commerce gives us the advertising vouchers and the ability to do online payments. I don't think we need more than business basic which is $23/mo ($276/yr).

1613112960181.png

Lower Tier Plans
1613113197277.png

I voted yes with the caveat that we don't act until we have a formal motion and vote at a meeting.
That said should we consider modifying our bylaws to allow electronic voting?

Thanks Dan! Did you click the "cast vote" button after you made your choice on the poll?

regarding bylaw updates: Based on the current bylaws club officers may conduct "club business" without votes and the members may veto any decision they do not support and the ability to vote electronically is already covered.

1613673281712.png

1613673380064.png

I'd like to more about the "Plans and pricing". This appears to be something different than what we were discussing at the Feb. meeting.

I'd like to more about the "Plans and pricing". This appears to be something different than what we were discussing at the Feb. meeting.

I was playing with that page to see how it works. The thought is to allow people to pay their membership dues (whatever the price ends up being) online. We can delete the page altogether or create different options when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom