Good examples of 72-78 Bucket Seats in a 71 and older Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GRM

Finding new adventures in old jalopies.
Threads
I’m looking to install a set of 1973 Bucket seats in my 1971 FJ40. I tried setting them in place but I don’t have a good visualization on how to mount them.
If you have done this before, or seen a good example of mounting brackets, could you share it?
I appreciate the help.
8534F69A-EA62-41DC-A173-FB8CE930EE5F.jpeg
CFB12D69-B76C-4F7F-8BAC-83DD83F0482E.jpeg

If you have the '73 seat mounting brackets you will get a better picture of how they need to be mounted.

Problem is with the tool box. The front factory brackets will not work with the tool box. I did it but I had to cut a hole in the lid and on the inside wall.

Eric

I carefully drilled out the spot welds and cut the two small welds along the back (for the hinges) to remove the tool box from my '71 FJ40. I got a set of good used seat mounting brackets from Classic Cruisers. I plan on taking measurements from my '76 FJ40 then transferring them to my '71 replacement tub. I'll drill new holes and weld in new weld nuts underneath, the remove the old weld nuts and weld up the holes.

I carefully drilled out the spot welds and cut the two small welds along the back (for the hinges) to remove the tool box from my '71 FJ40. I got a set of good used seat mounting brackets from Classic Cruisers. I plan on taking measurements from my '76 FJ40 then transferring them to my '71 replacement tub. I'll drill new holes and weld in new weld nuts underneath, the remove the old weld nuts and weld up the holes.
Do you still have the tool box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom