What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man that looks like a clean one!
Thank you. She’s the best I’ve got. Nearly all rubber replaced last year. Covid restoration.

Installed caster correction bushing for my 2" lift. "Borrowed" at set of control arms from the local car-yard and got my new bushings pressed in.
Swapped the control arms and returned my old ones - no charge. It pays to be on good terms with your local parts-pusher :D

The car rides much better now

Old arms:
20210117_135141.jpg

Forgot to post a progress pic. Needs a little polishing but turned out pretty darned good. It's going to look better than the rest of the truck LOL.

File_003.jpeg

I spent some time working on a little project....
A few months ago I decided to pull my 2nd row seats and put them in the storage unit. I figured I never use them for passengers and I wanted a few extra inches of leg room so I could shut the tailgate and sleep comfortably in the back. After a few camping trips in the back I decided I wanted a permanent solution for leveling out the floor behind the front seats.

I also do a lot of hunting and shooting. I have always liked to keep my rifles, optics, and other stuff on the floor behind the front seats After removing the 2nd row seats I also noticed that heavy things like totes and coolers were wanting to slide forward and smash my guns and other fragile/expensive items when I am out on the trail.

Well my brain tried to get creative and many brain numbers later this is what I came up with as an attempt to solve my two problems.

20210118_151928.jpg
20210118_151821.jpg

The purpose of this little thing is to

1. Keep heavy items strapped down and separated from the area directly behind the front seats. I like to keep this area open for my guns and other stuff.

2. Hinge down at the end of the day and create a level area that is the same height as the rest of the back floor. This is where my exped mega mat duo and my head will spend the night.

3. I am still not sure what I want to do with this contraption. I am considering adding a gun rack to the forward side to hold a gun when it is in the up position. I am also considering using it to mount items like an element fire extinguisher, flashlight, shovel, axe, extra lights, etc.....

It is still in the design phase but I spent the day boonie bashing with the dogs to try it out. So far it seems like the hinges are going to be plenty strong.

20210118_113349.jpg
20210118_152219.jpg

20210110_151427.jpg

Last edited:
@CJM80 It's the standard ARB Safari. I read about interference as well. But maybe they made a subtle change to the mounting template? Not sure as all I did was attach that to the truck about a dozen times to make sure it was 100% lol and drill the needed holes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom