Replacement fuel tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wondering what folks think of this: Toyota Landruiser 200 Series 180 Litre Replacement Long Range Fuel Tank – Brown Davis- Long Range Fuel Tanks, Underbody Protection, Roll Cages and Motorsport - https://www.browndavis.com.au/toyota-landcruiser-200-series-180-litre-replacement-long-range-fuel-tank/

Not sure if this is viable on a non-diesel. But even if not, has anyone explored a custom fab for a larger replacement tank? I'm personally averse to an aux tank with moving plumping parts and electronics. Seems it would be better to have one simple, larger tank, no?

Anyone explore these issues?

This seems like it is the same as the LRA tanks, rather than a replacement for the existing tank. It takes the place of the spare tire and has a fuel transfer pump.

LRA has main tank type replacements for some models but not the cruiser unfortunately. Most main tank replacements (ex. tacoma, fj) hang some bit lower than stock, lower than even the frame rail.

Personally, I'd rather the aux style. Perhaps another way to think about this given your aversion... By keeping the stock main tank, there's some more guarantee that there will be unflinching reliability and function, particularly with Toyota and LC levels of validation. Even though I have an LRA aux tank, I have 1000% more confidence in OEM equipment than aftermarket, to go the duration, but also work in extreme angles, environments, airlock, etc. The aux tank is truly aux in the sense that if the aftermarket tank or transfer pump fails, it's fairly likely the car will continue to operate fine with the stock tank. Also, it's good to never be blazing trail with aftermarket mods as it's a sure way to "fun".

This seems like it is the same as the LRA tanks, rather than a replacement for the existing tank. It takes the place of the spare tire and has a fuel transfer pump.
It is with two options - It either replaces a smaller factory secondary tank offered in other markets, or is a new secondary with transfer system just like LRA.

Oh, you are right. I misread.

Wondering why no one has come out with a full replacement in a larger size.

Oh, you are right. I misread.

Wondering why no one has come out with a full replacement in a larger size.
Probably because it would require compromises that are unacceptable, like hanging below the frame rails. Other than moving down there isn’t a lot of room to grow the thing.. plus you introduce the issues teckis mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom